We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[PC] Password reset issue

eps991

Hi guys, some days ago i receive this on my email:

Atari recently learned of a potential security violation in connection with the unauthorized access to Cryptic Studios’ user databases that occurred in December 2010. At that time, Atari owned Cryptic and the intrusion may have affected users on Atari’s databases as well and, therefore, we are taking proactive measures to correct the issue. This includes notifying certain users who are registered on Atari.com and TDU2.com (Test Drive Unlimited 2).As a precaution, on Atari.com and TDU2.com, we have reset all accounts for users which we believe were affected. This will require you to reset your password upon attempting to log into each site separately to regain access to your account. To do so, please refer to our website at http://atari.com/pages/cryptic-studios-security-notice-atari-websites for detailed instructions and more information about this issue.

If the existing user name and password was used to access other online accounts, we highly recommend that you update those passwords as well.

We take the security of our user accounts very seriously and are investigating this issue further with Cryptic Studios. Please note that this was not an intrusion on our existing database, but one that occurred prior to our divestment of Cryptic Studios in July of 2011. Cryptic no longer manages Atari’s databases. Our deepest apologies for the inconvenience.

Atari

Then i follow the instruction:

http://atari.com/sites/default/files/TDU%202%20Account%20and%20Password%20Recovery%20Directions.pdf

But, there's something wrong...

At the point 4, "Check your email for passworld reset link bla bla bla", i receive only this:

TestDriveUnlimited2.comThis is an automated notification for the request that was made on Test Drive Unlimited 2 to retrieve the account name associated with [email protected].

The associated account name is: eps991

Please note that account names are only sent to the email address that is on file for the listed account.

***If you did not request this information, disregard this email as no action need be taken.

Remember, you may find answers to Frequently Asked Questions athttp://www.atari.com/support.

Additionally, you may contact the Atari Account & Billing Support team 7 days a week via Live Web Chat from 9am-9pm PST.

Sincerely,

The Atari Account & Billing Support Team

https://www.testdriveunlimited2.com/eula

This is an automated message, please do not reply to this email address

Sincerely,

Atari Team

So...WHERE'S the link?

I can't believe this, seriously...

I also try to reset the passworld via atari.com, where my account dosen't exsist:mad::mad:

I'm already open a ticket whit Atari Customers support...

What can i do?

tnx:(

I saw that email too but never bothered with it since I've not had anything to do with Cryptic Studios. The password used for Atari/TDU is specific to that anyway so no harm done regardless.

Yes, but when i open TDU2 after this email, i'm couldn't play anymore, the password was already been reset....

Today i receive the response from Atari support, it says that the password has been reset:lol: