We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Brakes fix v0.9

mikolajeczek

• 2 weeks later...

Tested this mod. i liked it, it worked well,:) it is impossible to lock your wheels up. Which brings me onto something....

It's impossible to lock your wheels up..:(... I think you need to tweak the braking a little bit more.

While agreed, it does stop wheel lock, but when traveling at speed it does take quite a while to stop.

Would it be possible to do a new version and dial back whatever you changed, just a little bit.. If you was to press the brake pedal the whole way, you get a little bit of wheel lock, but 3/4 brake pedal you will not get wheel lock. <--- That would be perfect. Or even just half the amount that you changed...

Example, say the thing to be changed is "Brake strength = 200" default setting. and you changed it to 100, change it again to around 130 or even 150.

I do appreciate its not as simple as that, that was just an example of what i meant. But if you could do a rework of the file, that would be awesome!

Before the brakes were too hard, now they are a little too soft, you just need to find the sweet spot inbetween. :wise:

Thanks and Good Luck. Nobby

Re-work of the brake mod

I do appreciate its not as simple as that, that was just an example of what i meant. But if you could do a rework of the file, that would be awesome! Before the brakes were too hard, now they are a little too soft, you just need to find the sweet spot inbetween.

Thanks and Good Luck. Nobby

Actually it was as simple as that... I compared the original numbers to the edited numbers so i know what you did, then dialed them all back a little bit.

Now i have it so if your speeding along and slam the brakes on full, you get a little bit of tire squeal but the wheels wont actually lock up. And if you only apply half pedal you shouldn't get much tire squeal at all. Also coming to a stop is a little quicker than you had it. i pretty much just went half the values you had it set on. So things you had set on 490 i have dialed back to 250. Came out quite nice i think.

If anyone would like to download this version, you can get it HERE

Happy Modding..

Oh and before anyone asks about " can i use this online" You can use it about as much as you can use any other mod online. They all work online, its just a case of not getting caught using it.

Self made by us admins at tdumods.com. its actually just one feature in a bigger mod

There are two versions of the same mod Both versions skip the intro movies, display local ai cars on the gps, makes the orange GPS line show a little thicker and allows you to teleport anywhere ( including eden island)

The second version also unlocks the Dev mode for the challenge editor. Allowing you to do things like add cones,barrel gates or cars ( like some of the driving school tests ) It also allows you to create about 10 different kinds of challenges ( not just the standard 3 or 4)

• 8 years later...
On 6/2/2012 at 8:27 PM, Nobby76 said:

Re-work of the brake mod

Actually it was as simple as that... I compared the original numbers to the edited numbers so i know what you did, then dialed them all back a little bit.

Now i have it so if your speeding along and slam the brakes on full, you get a little bit of tire squeal but the wheels wont actually lock up. And if you only apply half pedal you shouldn't get much tire squeal at all. Also coming to a stop is a little quicker than you had it. i pretty much just went half the values you had it set on. So things you had set on 490 i have dialed back to 250. Came out quite nice i think.

If anyone would like to download this version, you can get it HERE

Happy Modding..

Oh and before anyone asks about " can i use this online" You can use it about as much as you can use any other mod online. They all work online, its just a case of not getting caught using it.

Hi!

I know this thread is really old, but could you please upload the mod again, as the link on tdumods does not work anymore?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...