We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

24h Nürburgring 2012

Mb

Anyone going?

I'm going to watch free-training and night-qualifying tommorow, qualifying on friday morning and the 24h Classic on Friday aswell.

Should be fun! To bad i can't watch the race on saturday/sunday over there. Would've loved that.

When i'm back i'll be dumping some photos here!

So check back here or follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/TouriClips

I believe that was the rear bumper caused by the audi behind

Tire blew. Insane crash though. I'd crap my pants if i were driving that Audi.

The Gemballa Mclaren had a hard crash aswell, as did the #41 KRS Motorsport GT3.

@Milli: Thanx! :D

---------- Post added 05-20-2012 at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-19-2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

562534_3937260789003_1204358988_33767591_1437693530_n.jpg

Streams ftw. :p

30188830060835335714711.jpg

Another fantastic race weekend at the nurburgring. It was a blast.

What a great race by #3 Audi Sport Team Phoenix, they haven't had a lead for the whole race until the end where they never let it to anyone else.

After leading the first day for more than 9 hours #19 BMW Team Schubert Z4 GT3 had rear axel problems and lost its lead for good after an hour long pit stop at the garage.

Then came the other team member #20 Schubert, it climbed 19 positions and lead the race for a lap in mid sunday but had mechanical problems as well.

Another former leader #65 Hankook-Team Heico SLS was in top 5 in sunday all the way down to the last lap. A very tough engine blow when 9 minutes was left on the clock.

The underdog Mamerow Racing Audi R8 secured the 2nd spot while no one was expecting

A very bad weekend for AM Vantage GT3s #007 and #006 indeed, they've had mechanical problems on the first day, after the long hours spent in pits they have climbed more than 130 poistions over night, but mechanical problems hit 007 again and 006 lost tyre in nordschleife so that was the end.

#777 Ford GT too had gearbox problems and had to retire

Perhaps the weirdest ending to a race I've ever seen, the #11 Team Manthey was the only 911 gt3 left on the top 10 after #10 Team Manthey Porsche crashed into the barriers close to mid sunday. It passed the #65 SLS on the last lap with #66 seconds behind, it stopped in the last 2 minutes to wait the leader to cross the finishing line. Right after the #169 Clio crashed straight into the back of the Team Manthey Porsche, wrecking both cars. What I have gathered around from the german news site, it didn't have enough fuel to do another lap so it had to wait for the leader to cross the line, however #66 overtook and did another lap which claimed him the 3rd spot