We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

SotW Week Entry Thread

Ozzmcom

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to ozzmcom for winning the last round

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Week 26

Rules :

1. Images must be no greater than 800 kb (yay)

2. It should be from a game doesn't matter which platform

3. you could photoshop if you like though it's better if we recognize the game, there are no prizes involved.

4. The screenshots this time can be from TDU

5. No cut-scene screenshots

Theme : Water

deadline : August 30th

^I think that in this contest, voting for the prettiest image is just normal. If we voted for the images that are only good in expressing the theme, all winners would be like this:

2YwJz.png

It's a whole different deal in contests like CMotM where you vote fore the best car and the pretty images shouldn't matter.

Right, take a picture of an Aston all the time. And vote on it. After all, what matters is the prettiest image.

My forest image was a fail, i agree, (it looked better in videogame, when i put in computer, i got a bit disappointed).

And once again, you can make a pretty image following the rules. I picked the loneliness theme to really see who here can express an idea correctly in a 2d form and who can regognize. Was a hard theme, i know, but well... still being lame.

Just an example, take a photo of that foggy Nurburgring in FM4... where the focus is the area, not the car. See what i mean?

Edit: The DBS photo, the main focus is the car, you simple can't feel a loneliness from that image.

Yes, you can take a pretty image within the theme, but you said that people vote for "pretty images" when they should vote for ones that catch the theme the best. People often tend to like the "pretty photos" and then we suddenly should vote for something else than our favourites aka the pictures that we think deserve the votes? :hmmm:

And about your definition of loneliness:

35qmh6.jpg

(No offense, I just don't understand it the way you do :lol:)

Loneliness

This image has good points. Lack of color, open area, foggy weather, cold, sad and normally a small person, distance, far away. Just apply that in a game/car photo. There you go. Not hard, and can end with some pretty pictures.

Is it more clear to you how to express loneliness in 2D form?

Edit: Soundwave's entry for "water" is a much better example of loneliness than that DBS. :lol:

That's quite specific tbf, some of those aspects could better express melancholy BUT it's your theme after all - though you could have been more specific if you thought about your theme that way. :hmmm:

Loneliness and melancholy walk side-by-side.

This is another example.

This as well.

no they dont

Loneliness = sadness

melancholy = happy

You lose yet again

Melancholy

(mĕl'ən-kŏl'ē)

n.

Sadness or depression of the spirits; gloom.

adj.

Affected with or marked by depression of the spirits; sad. See synonyms at sad.

Tending to promote sadness or gloom: a letter with some melancholy news.

Pensive; thoughtful.

No more words are needed.

when the hell did that change, i swear to god it used to be mean to be happy

btw those last two examples dont look lonely at all

You don't even know what means melancholy and wants to know about which image shows loneliness? :lol: You make me laugh kid... good luck with your smartness! Will lead you to a bright future, as i can see. Lol

You don't even know what means melancholy and wants to know about which image shows loneliness? :lol: You make me laugh kid... good luck with your smartness! Will lead you to a bright future, as i can see. Lol

Go to hell Woman you are the devil

this is exactly the reason i hate you, you always have to be right and then you go and insult me for no reason

so btw mixing the definition of one word up means someone is dumb. mmmmmk then

and I think I know more about loneliness than you realise.