We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5: PotW Week 28 Entry

hpluls

Congrats to Milli for winning! :)

Theme: Japanese Kei Cars

Closing Date: Saturday, June 9th 2012

Rules:

1. Mild editing (brightness, contrast, saturation, resizing, rotating, cropping, adding your name/logo) is allowed outside GT5 Photomode.

2. No voting for yourself come poll day!

3. Must be shot by you.

4. Photos can't be entered twice.

5. Winner chooses next week's theme.

6. If one person wins twice in a row, the runner-up chooses the next week's theme.

7. Entries must be less than 500kb in filesize!

8. If you wish to change your entry, please just edit your original post and replace the old pic with your new one.

Guest MrLolololXD
would a Honda Jazz count as a Kei Car??

Nope. Kei cars have 660cc and smaller engines, aswell as other things that determine them as kei cars. The Honda Jazz has too big of an engine and too much power. I believe it's also bigger size-wise than what a kei car is allowed to be.

They have yellow numberplates and are only sold in Japan, pretty much every kei car can't be imported to another country. They have yellow numberplates to distinguish them from other cars and are also cheaper on taxes, parking fees, vehicle weight taxes, petrol etc. They do cost a fair bit to purchase initially when compared to other bigger cars, but with the reductions on those things things they soon make up for it. Afaik the power limit for them is 47kw, or about 63hp

As small as the Jazz may be, it's still to big and too powerful to be a kei car lol

Guest MrLolololXD
it begins with s and ends with t and it's not sit.

Oh, oh! Sat?

No? Seat?

Sport?

Spot?

Skit?

Sweet?

Skirt?

Shot?

Split?

Salt?

Snot?

Scout?

Seatbelt?

Script?

Shaft?

Stunt?

Spirit?

Sprocket?

I'm confused... :confused:

Well since Milli posted 2 pics I'll use her other one, otherwise I now have to wait another week for a theme that I have cars and/or pics for (which is why I haven't entered and perhaps is the same reason for others here).

You guys are so boring. Japanese Kei cars are cool. As a theme it is even cooler, because since they are not common beauty cars that will look nice at every single angle, you have to get the right position, right photo, right everything.

Plus, a Suzuki Cervo cost you 11.000, not even 20.000. Wich is really cheap, so, price is not an excuse.

I have a busy week this week. Spending 30 mins on taking a photo of a car that probably doesn't meet the theme for a comp that I will lose just doesn't seem to me as time well spent. I'd also like to have a go at this weeks pCARS event as well.

Also were you online in GT5 the other day. I got back to my desk and just caught a 'DarkAvenger is offline' notif. Didn't think you were home, unless one of your siblings was playing. Maybe this weekend I'll be available for a race if you're up early.