We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (by Criterion)

Eudemon

Which platform will you buy this game on?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which platform will you buy this game on?

The next NFS has been confirmed as being Most Wanted and is being developed by Criterion which is something we all knew about 3 months ago but anyway first screen has been posted and no doubt more info at E3.

"IT’S OFFICIAL: The next Need for Speed will be Most Wanted, developed by Criterion! Here’s the first screenshot!

Make sure to watch our E3 press conference live on June 4th at 1PM (PST) for more info!"

nfsmwfirstscreen.jpg

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on my Facebook a not long ago and though 'Ohhhh yeah'. With Criterion making it, it't cant go wrong! Will be interesting to see how they do it, a sort of remake of the original or base it on it?

Now for the comments about its not old skool NFS, I really should't do stir comments...

I actually enjoyed MW and saw it as a good title that could sit next to HP, High Stakes and HP2. The fact you could progress through the game without having to RICE your cars was one that was much appreciated. The Police were ruthless too especially those damn 4x4's.

Just add wheel support + cockpit and I'm on board, this may even be better than the original game because it's Criterion. :D

I wish they did, the feature I want the most is the mini-gear lever monitor appeared once you change the gears like in nfs r&t

Guest MrLolololXD

As long as they base the whole concept on the original and expand upon cars, customization and the driveable world and add day/night/weather cycles, they'll have a winner for sure. I'd like to see SUV's and off-road cars and dirt/gravel roads too. With all that it would be a big contender for driving game of the year imo.

EDIT:

BRING BACK SERGEANT CROSS

ANOTHER EDIT:

AND HELICOPTERS THAT RAM YOUR CAR

MW was good for its time (not hard since it was following the Underground series, although there were some remnants). That or Carbon would've been one of the last driving games I played with a keyboard too (although I redid it when I got the G25).

Did I enjoy the remake of Hot Pursuit.... not really. I like arcade action driving games as much as the next guy, but the handling while not being sim still needs to be somewhat credible (or give us options, we're not all 8 years old). Drifting at any speed and school-age weapons was a bit of a bummer, not to mention PC payers missed out on the multi-player DLC (Criterion also screwed PC players over with Burnout Paradise too). The Run's physics were an improvements to with any luck this will be good as well.

My other concern is that NFS open-world game locations have always seem to be inspired by America, whereas the old games featured a lot of European locales. Overdue to head back there, the American landscape has some nice features (most of which were condensed into the massive FUEL game world, but it's a bit repetitive and boring now.

Unless the reviews are epic I'll put this in the 'wait til it's cheap' basket along with other arcade titles like Ridge Racer.

OMG OMG OMG EPICC!!! I loved Most Wanted, I'm so incredibly happy that they're remaking a new one :) :bparty:

This is gonna be so coool! Please don't release this before my final exams, i'll fail!!

OMFG IM SO HAPPY

I hope it does have simaler physics to Hot Pursuit(2010), as I've found that the best out of the NFS games(take away Shift's). Sure it's arcadey, but criterion said they wanted that. I really don't like the NFS's that have the heavy feel to them(Carbon, Undercover & the Run, please stand up). Will be fun to see what they do, and if it'll have stuff such as Imprezas as well as 911 GT3's & V8 Vantages.

I loved the original MW and still have a PC copy for when i want to play again.

I really hope this will be as good as the original.

The problem with a remake is that it maybe not look like the original, for exemple TDU2, the first was awesome the second was rubbish and they are basicly the same game.

Everyone still Hyped for Forza it seems, Well heres a Pre-view trailer, and a gameplay trailer for 2012's Most wanted!

Gameplay

So what can I say about it? looks Like a Cross of Hot Pursuit mixed with Burnout Paradise! That to me spells Epic! Loved both games! If It has online like Burnout Paradise, then i'll be over the moon!

On a side note, theres 2 Pre-order cars: Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale & the 991Carrera S. But Im not sure if there For the limited edition or if there just pre-order cars.

Cant wait! :D

I was watching a gameplay video earlier on my phone and then thought, hang on those streets look like the old MW, this must be a video of NFS World that some moron made just to get some views. Maybe I was wrong and MW won't be quite as interesting in the discovery sense