We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sticker for vehicle

Phannom

I've found a few stickers for the entire vehicle that are .png files. I read you have to do something to change that file to a .tpf and then I can stick it on the vehicle i downloaded it for. Or am i wrong?

I should add that i have textmod and I also saw i need a log.dat file or something like that. As you can tell im a little confused with what the process is. I just want to get the entire sticker on my car.

Not quite.. you dont actually change the file to a tpf. you package an image and the log file into a tpf file ( kinda like making a rar file ) then you inject that tpf file into the game.

1 Take your car to the paintshop and slap some stickers over it so oyu can find it later when you scan memory, save and exit the paintshop, now re-enter then quit the game.

2 Go to texmod and go to the Logging tab, make sure the filetype is set to PNG then start the game.

3 Scan through memory until you see your carskin ( the one made up of stickers ) and export it, then quit the game. that will have saved your log file and the image.

4 Replace your exported skin for the one you downloaded, then in texmod switch to "package build" mode and fill in the 2 boxes then hit save. That will save your .TPF file.

5 Switch to "Package mode" and add the tpf file you just saved, then run the game. you should see your car in the paintshop with new skin on it, all you have to do now is apply any sticker to the car (prefered is a 100% transparent sticker so it doesnt mess up the image) so it registers as you made a change while the car was i nthe paint shop. then you just save and exit.

If you dont apply a sticker at the end when you save and exit the paintshop it wont lock the new skin to the car.

Basically what you are doing is giving your car a skin, then scanning through the gfx memory for it, exporting that skin and replacing it with a downloaded one.

If you want a slightly more in depth explanation ( complete with links to texmod ) i wrote a few tutorials a while back regarding importing skins and stickers. you can check them out here the second tutorial is the one you will need although id recommend reading the first one as well as a lot of stuff in tutorial 2 is already covered in tutorial 1

Hope that helps.. Nobby