We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DGSotW Week 3: Hot Hatches

Ryzza5

Pick the Week 3 winner for best Hot Hatches photo  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Week 3 winner for best Hot Hatches photo

Congratulations to Fiddled Fork for winning the Driving Game Screenshot of the Week last week.

* Stick to the implied theme (don't look for technical loopholes)

* Images must not exceed 800kB, and be at least 915px wide to fit the PoTW TV.

* Each person who enters must cast a vote in the same week to remain eligible. You may not vote for yourself.

* Winner picks the next theme, unless winning consecutively, in which case the runner up decides.

* Winner has 48h to PM a new theme to me or another member of staff if I'm away, if they fail to meet this then the theme will be a free round.

* Competition is limited to games on all platforms of any age that are classified as driving/racing games. (i.e. FPS games that have cars in them wouldn't be eligible). Please mention what game your screenshot is from.

* Minor non-enhancing editing permitted (cropping, addition of your name, etc) is permitted, as long as the actual screenshot isn't tampered with. Just like all these other comps.

Week 3: Hot Hatches

1. Loz

Honda_EK9_Civic_Type_R_1_copy.jpg

2. Ryzza5

Autumn%2520Ring_1_crop.jpg

3. TimBud - Entry less than 915px

7472658686_c72e32a473_c.jpg

4. Mercedes-Benz

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/username_046/Beznzvu-2-1.jpg

5. Ozzmcom - Entry less than 915px

scaled.php?server=7&filename=specialstageroute7su.jpg&res=landing

6. repyhrepus

full

7. Mb

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy194/MartijnMb/Forza323.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD

Damn you for ruining the competition Santtu, I was just about to go and take a screenshot... :( I don't think I'll bother now lol

You know, this theme was chosen by Tim. I've played FM4 countless times with him and on most times, we do at least 1 race with hot hatches. I often choose the STi and Tim has no problem with it (at least he hasn't said so :lol:). If the person who chose the theme thinks it's acceptable, doesn't that mean it's within the specified theme? :p

I was going to enter with the Audi quattro as it has a hatch too... but decided against it because I didn't want to open this can of worms.

Considering the crap I've received in the past for stretching and interpreting themes, I'm surprised it still goes on. :mhmm:

Guest MrLolololXD

Weeellllll, that model WRX is a hatch... and it is an STi, so it is the hot model...

So that would make it a 'hot hatch', no?

If a VW GTI and a Civic Type-R can be hot hatches, I don't see how this isn't...

DB9 is a hatch too, but you can bet you bottom dollar, if I'd have entered that some people would have gone ape' :D

I always look at it that a hot hatch has fwd, just like all the originals, but that's just my opinion.

The WRX has a hatch/tailgate just like my Golf. Whether it's hot or not is in the eye of the beholder, or voter. Your 106 doesn't look that hot to me :)

I know that, yet, not every hatch can be a hot hatch. Ferrari FF is one of the exemples. It has a hatch/tailgate just like your Golf, however, it is not a hot hatch. Once again, i know my Peugeot is not, that is why i asked, and once again, i will repeat, if i could take a new photo, of a proper Hot Hatch, i would... i took the 106 because it was better than nothing, but you know what? I am not going to participate. Yes, call it rage quit or whatever...