We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My first of probably many questons :P

Huggy94

Hello guys,

Big TDU2 player here on the 360 and soon the PC. What draws me to the Pc eh? MODS. They are glorious.

But anyways, i have a question- why exactly do you need to run the game unpacked and tbh, what is unpacking the game? Never had to do anything like it in my mod-using past.

Oh and heres another question: does TDU2 support a wired 360 pc controller?

Hello guys,

Big TDU2 player here on the 360 and soon the PC. What draws me to the Pc eh? MODS. They are glorious.

But anyways, i have a question- why exactly do you need to run the game unpacked and tbh, what is unpacking the game? Never had to do anything like it in my mod-using past.

Oh and heres another question: does TDU2 support a wired 360 pc controller?

Firstly, yes wired controllers ( also wireless controllers ) will work, also steering wheel and pedal sets, gear shifters work ( if you own a G25 or G27 wheels ).

Unpacking the game.. OK.. Rather than the game using millions of little files, they package the game up into several large archive files. Now to mod anything we need to change those game files, but they are trapped inside the archives, so to be able to change them we need to unpack those archives, which will turn the game back to using lots of little files rather than the big ones.

You must have used ZIP or RAR files before, think of it like that. They made a game and all the files that make up the cars and the sounds and the map and everything else were packaged inside 20 or so ZIP files. But we the user cannot change any of those files until we get them back out of the ZIP files...Thats what unpacking the game is.. Opening the Large archives and taking all the little game files out so we can change them.. You generally package files (or games) to make them smaller and to make them easier to distribute.... Or to make it harder for people to mod your game..

I'm not 100% about this so don't quote me on it but I believe you need to run it unpacked in order to be able to access and overwrite the original files as they by default sit in an archive that can't be accessed with typical modding processes. An Xbox 360 wired controller should work with TDU2 but the game has been known to be quite annoying with what it works with and what it doesn't with different setups. You will probably have to configure the controller if it isn't recognised at first.

It should also be noted that the Anti-cheat Measures that have been implemented recently make playing with an Unpacked game not an option right now so it's probably offline play only if you wish to use mods.

Welcome to TDUCk!! :duck:

Ok so unpacking just makes the files easier to access then. Cool! So you use TDU2 as a sort of Winrar for itself then? There will be two different versions to load - the vanilla game and the modded one, correct?

It's good to hear that my controller can see some use at last too. :)

Plus thanks for the greeting Diablo- i'll be coming back to this site all the time once i get a copy of TDU2 (which I can only find online at the moment) and i will mod like crazy (once i get used to TDU2 modding). :)