We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to unpack TDU2 & How to install TDU2 mods. Ask for help in here! [PC ONLY]

Aventador

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

You can't unpack the original steam-version. But maybe this helps you:

Not sure about it effecting steam. i wouldnt think it would do anything though.

Yes it should unpack ok. but if the worst comes to the worst, you could download a copy of the iso ( retail ) install that and use your legit cd key you got when you bought it . ( you can legally have one digital copy of a game to use as backup purposes, my store bought disk didnt work so i had to download a torrent and install from that, but i still have my disk safe, so its legal )

No you probably won't have to worry about UAC if your not messing with stuff on the widows drive.

It's not exactly the answer to your question. But between the lines you should find help. ;)

That means you need a retailversion to unpack the game and then install the patch. The steamversion isn't made for unpacking, because it has a different file- and folderstructure. Like Nobby wrote: Buy a cheap dvd-version, borrow it from a friend or download a piratecopy and use your original gamekey from steam. So it is a legit copy of the game. Then unpack it and install the patch. But if i remember right you cannot run the game afterwards via steam anymore. You have to run it only via Universal Launcher.

So that means I can only install the unofficial DLC if I buy the whole new game as a CD?

Check your PMs.

--- Post Updated ---

Hello! Give instructions for replacing disks. Thank you!

If by disks you are referring to wheels/rims, then it's covered in OP with one exception: http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/31368-Audi-TTs-and-R8-v10-rim-switch-help-please?p=534391&viewfull=1#post534391

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, can anyone help me out here? This might sound embarrassing, but I've been trying to mod my TDU 2 literally for hours on end now... I unpacked the game and the unpacked version is in a different folder. When I was running Universal Launcher, it was doing fine until I noticed that I was playing the original version of the game the whole time. I tried multiple times to install rims (experimented on the Ferrari 599 with aftermarket OZ rims off the forum) to no avail. I replaced the name of the file and whatever and got nothin... I also tried swapping out the entire model. I deleted the 599's bnk file (made a backup of course) and placed in a Toyota Supra's bnk file renamed as the Ferrari's. I have the Unofficial Patch mod but I can't find the added cars anywhere. Do I need to merge the unpacked folder with the original one?? Someone please help me out. Thanks!

Hey guys, can anyone help me out here? This might sound embarrassing, but I've been trying to mod my TDU 2 literally for hours on end now... I unpacked the game and the unpacked version is in a different folder. When I was running Universal Launcher, it was doing fine until I noticed that I was playing the original version of the game the whole time. I tried multiple times to install rims (experimented on the Ferrari 599 with aftermarket OZ rims off the forum) to no avail. I replaced the name of the file and whatever and got nothin... I also tried swapping out the entire model. I deleted the 599's bnk file (made a backup of course) and placed in a Toyota Supra's bnk file renamed as the Ferrari's. I have the Unofficial Patch mod but I can't find the added cars anywhere. Do I need to merge the unpacked folder with the original one?? Someone please help me out. Thanks!

Might be a silly question from my end, but did you point the Universal Launcher to the right TDU2 folder. You don't need to merge the folders together.

• 1 month later...

Hi Chaps. long time no see.

Just like to point out that you lot have done an awesome job and shown remarkable patience with this. Well done.

I'm just starting a clean install of the game from the original DVD but would like to progress it through to a fully modded version. Is there anything I need to watch for that may trip me up other than the update servers being slow?

All the best and keep up the awesome work.

Adrian

ETA which file/folder do I need to recover from the old install to bring my profile over into the new install?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone else is having trouble unpacking files like I was I found a fix. It seems like quickbms was having trouble handling the large files (not enough space error even though there was over 3tb free). Download the latest version from here: aluigi. altervista. org/quickbms.htm then extract to a temporary location, delete quickbms.exe and rename quickbms_4gb_files.exe to just quickbms.exe then replace the file that comes with the unpacker with the renamed file.

• 1 month later...

Hey forum! I'm new here! I was hoping someone could help me answer this. I got the unofficial patch and unpack to work on the Steam version :yay: but now I'm experiencing an error on the MyTDUHouse thing. Whenever I select another item, it glitches and never stops loading. The game isn't frozen, but it doesn't want to load either. I know I did something wrong. Can I please get any help or suggestions from you all?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Is there a way to add cars without unpacking? (I have limited Steam money and I feel bad for purchasing the game, I had 22 hours in Steam before I unpacked so I can install AutoPack mod). Maybe if there was a way for Steam not to check the files, we could add the vehicules, frontend, database, sound, etc folders in the Steam directory and just put the mods directly there.