We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to unpack TDU2 & How to install TDU2 mods. Ask for help in here! [PC ONLY]

Aventador

Frankly I'm amazed he found the right subforum to post in. :fp:

You think thats bad. Donnie is testament to this.... we have a user on tdumods .... He can be part of the main convo when we are trying to work something out. then once we have got it all working he will be the first person to ask " so how do i do this now??" you are just left totally gob smacked, its like " MY GOD BOY, you helped put all this together how can you be asking what to do.. "

Noobs. they will over throw us with their vastly superior stupidity... :D

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys ive tried again and again and again to "unpack" the files using the latest versions of everything i can think of and its just not unpacking :/ ive tried to follow the instructions as best as i can but im just not getting the same results.

i have and annoying feeling that this may all be caused by the fact that i have the latest version of the game? (DLC2 Build 32)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

@BFODragon: I just tested unpacking a savecopy of my game (latest version - v34 build16), and it worked. I tested playing off- and online (with universal launcher v3.1).

Try this:

- make a copy of your original gamefolder (e. g. D:\TDU2...)

- copy the files from the following zip into this folder (its my version of the updated unpacker for version v31 build15. An update for version v34 build16 wasn't / isn't necessary, cause with this update no new big-files were added.)

v031.zip

- run unpack_full_v31.bat

That should be all. I just did nothing more and nothing less.

@nico92: When you unpack the game, the big-files will be extracted. And you're right, you will find the unpacked bnk-files in the euro-folder.

I downloaded Magicmap V1.1 (594kb) earlier and tried to install it. The original path was: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\

But i keep my unpacked version in: C:\Atari/Atari/TDU2

When i try to install (using run as Admin) i get the error: "Current patch cant be installed: Error when trying to convert the Magic Map". I have tried to install it to both the above directories and wont install at all.

Anyone shed any light on this please?

Thanks

Donga

As far as i've heard so far magic map is a programm only for tdu1. (I'm not quite sure what the programm does. But i never heard of anybody using or needing it for tdu2.)

What do you wanna do with it in connection with tdu2?

I searched with google, and every result only shows something with tdu1.

Ive installed a few mods, and when i go into the game, every 2 or 3 minutes after or so, the game crashes and bring up crash reporter. I know i have to install something to prevent this, but i cant remember what. Any help appreciated :)

Thanks

Donga

• 2 weeks later...

You wont get banned by using carmods. If you don't tell anybody that you use carmods, nobody will know it. Explanation: You only mod local files on your computer.

Only way you might get banned is by using forbitten cheatengines or by hacking dlc-content. This will be detected by the servers and you get the message "hacked dlc-content detected" or "cheater detected". But that will not automatically cause a ban. I only heard of people who got banned, cause other players reported them repeatedly at the official forum for using hacks or cheats.

I never heard of somebody who got banned, only because he used a carmod. So don't worry, just try it.

More informations how to do it you find here.

Need help installing TDU2 mods? Ask in here!!

Chears Donnie B.

TDU2 unpack

Hi, I want to unpack the game so I downloaded the unpacker, I put the unpacker in the game folder and than I run the him, this is takes some minutes and when it's done nothing happened I checked the BNK file and the only thing I have there it's the video file, I checked the TDU2_Unpacked file to and I don't have nothing in there.

What can I do? (and I bought the game)

Hi, I want to unpack the game so I downloaded the unpacker, I put the unpacker in the game folder and than I run the him, this is takes some minutes and when it's done nothing happened I checked the BNK file and the only thing I have there it's the video file, I checked the TDU2_Unpacked file to and I don't have nothing in there.

What can I do? (and I bought the game)

@ asaf1342 Maybe that's the reason why you don't see anything after running the unpacker. Quote from the first post here "If you have any issues make sure UAC is turned off and that you run the unpacker in admin mode." Another thing could be that you use an older unpacker than for version v31.

@Diablo: No problem. I have experience with this and do my best to keep my patience and answer the questions cool and clear. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Help

Hello everyone,

First at all, I'm sorry for my bad English.

I have looked on Google, and at this forum, but I can't find it.

How can I install mods on TDU 2 on Windows 7.

The big problem is WIndows 7 I think.

Can somebody help me with this?

Maybe you have a good explanation?

I'm sorry, i have read messages that people don't like that other people ask this, but i can't find it, and i can't get it done.

Regards,

Nick