We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to unpack TDU2 & How to install TDU2 mods. Ask for help in here! [PC ONLY]

Aventador

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I'm currently installing TDU2 (Steam) and I might have to download all DLC updates too, but will this affect my Steam account or Atari account altogether? And will it extract just like any other copy of this game? And lastly, will I have to worry about UAC and running as admin if my game is installed in E: and not C:?

Not sure about it effecting steam. i wouldnt think it would do anything though.

Yes it should unpack ok. but if the worst comes to the worst, you could download a copy of the iso ( retail ) install that and use your legit cd key you got when you bought it . ( you can legally have one digital copy of a game to use as backup purposes, my store bought disk didnt work so i had to download a torrent and install from that, but i still have my disk safe, so its legal )

No you probably won't have to worry about UAC if your not messing with stuff on the widows drive.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure about it effecting steam. i wouldnt think it would do anything though.

Yes it should unpack ok. but if the worst comes to the worst, you could download a copy of the iso ( retail ) install that and use your legit cd key you got when you bought it . ( you can legally have one digital copy of a game to use as backup purposes, my store bought disk didnt work so i had to download a torrent and install from that, but i still have my disk safe, so its legal )

No you probably won't have to worry about UAC if your not messing with stuff on the widows drive.

Well I did go through your tutorial on your forum EXACTLY and it works perfectly, but launching through Steam is most likely a no-no :L

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Ryan Plakstis: What did you do so far? Can you explain a little bit more. (Maybe then we can figure out what the problem might be.)

@klemenc97: What do you mean by "i put the files of the Bugatti Veyron Supersport in the game..."? This car is already in ingame and you don't need to unpack the game to make this car available. You need to buy the DLC (with real money) and then buy the car at the Bugatti-dealer (with ingame-money). Since DLC2 you can combine both ingame if you purchased some Atari-token.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to get mods working for the past few hours but no luck, manage to unpacked the game like one of the member suggested (move the whole game to another drive to unpack) and I do notice the game size increased but the mods I installed cant be found in the game. I've tried 2 cars (LP570-4 and SRT Viper), both cars are not found and I still see the default car.

*Edit*

Nvm, got it working, it seems like nothing works at C drive.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done everything you write but when i click unpack_full_bat the only thing that unpacks is some voices sounds and islands.In the vehicles folder i have only high folder and in the high foler i have got only range rover.I have the latest version of the game-->dlc2 v034 build16 and my UAC off and i have done everything you write i have also WINDOWS 7 and i have read somewhere that i have to copy game files from my local drive (C:.) to an another drive but i dont know what exactly that means,,,what should i do?HELP ME PLEASE! thanks a lot

i've been trying to get mods working for the past few hours but no luck, manage to unpacked the game like one of the member suggested (move the whole game to another drive to unpack) and i do notice the game size increased but the mods i installed cant be found in the game. I've tried 2 cars (lp570-4 and srt viper), both cars are not found and i still see the default car.

*edit*

nvm, got it working, it seems like nothing works at c drive.

what exaclty do you mean that nothings works on c drive?because i have the same problem with windows 7..should we tranfer to an another drive?help please..

what exaclty do you mean that nothings works on c drive?because i have the same problem with windows 7..should we tranfer to an another drive?help please..
Reading through this thread a few MUST's show up. Are you doing this for instance?

You have to disable UAC or UserAccountControl before you unpack the game.

Also someone else mentioned about the C: being protected in some instances and a change of drive working instead. :)

Reading through this thread a few MUST's show up. Are you doing this for instance?

Also someone else mentioned about the C: being protected in some instances and a change of drive working instead. :)

Thanks for your reply!:) i would like to say that when i click on unpack_full.bat in order to upnack the game open cmd which say:

error in src\quickbms.c line 8623:dumpa_direct_copy (Y)

error not enough space

open input file bigfile_EU_1.map

open script xmbf.bms

set output folder

offset filesize filename

the file is bigger than 2 gigabytes it should work correctly but contact me

or the author of the script in case of problems or invalic extracted files

ANY IDEAS?