We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to unpack TDU2 & How to install TDU2 mods. Ask for help in here! [PC ONLY]

Aventador

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody, first, I want to thank you about this websit, it's really impressive !! I have an issue with TDU2 unpacked and so I hope that I post it at the right place in the forum.

My issue is simple : When I unpack the game, everything is OK, I manage to install car mods, no problem. But, When I play the unpacked game version, with or without mods, my game freezes all the time. When I play, the image stops during about 1 or 2 sec. It's impossible to play !!

With the non unpacked version, I don't have this problem. It's not my PC (ASUS ROG), I have try to change the installation folder of the unpacked game on my SSD disk, but it's the same... I use TDU2 universal launcher. My game version is the v034 build 16.

Have you any ideas about this problem ?

Sorry for my bad english !!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, sorry for my stupidness.

I've installed rim mods for TDU2.

Got everything setup, but... I've pasted my rims in TDU2UNPACKED/Euro/bnk/Vehicules/rims/Toyota/ << Here i pasted them so i can use them for my Toyota.

Got inside the game to the car dealer.

Couldn't find the rims.

Can anyone help me, thanks.

@Refusinq: It is necessary to change the saved rim file name to the file name used by the vehicle. I think that you should study the use of [URL='https://forum.turboduck.net/threads/tdu2vpe-release.32907/']tdu2vpe[/URL]. You can reset the file name of the rim to use. As an example of using tdu2vpe, I think that [URL='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6ET9MiAR5c&t=50s']this link[/URL] will be helpful.

[quote name='binbow']@Refusinq: It is necessary to change the saved rim file name to the file name used by the vehicle. I think that you should study the use of [URL='https://forum.turboduck.net/threads/tdu2vpe-release.32907/']tdu2vpe[/URL]. You can reset the file name of the rim to use. As an example of using tdu2vpe, I think that [URL='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6ET9MiAR5c&t=50s']this link[/URL] will be helpful.[/QUOTE] Thanks alot! I tried alot of times with tdu2vpe but didn't work out. The tutorial worked thanks.

• 1 year later...

Help,  idk why but it just doesn't work, i tried using the unpacker gui and other way that uses the cmd, .bat file, it was alright but apparently it didnt extracted the bnk folder, there is only the the video folder. The folder had a bunch of .bin files, , i noticed while using the unpacker gui that there was 2 copies failed, the folder size is 14 gb, i guess its supposed to be 16gb?

failed.PNG

Edited by jmplkazz

the problem isn't the unpacking, i already unpacked the game, the really problem is that there is only the video folder on bnk, the unpacking was incomplete, i did it 4 times, 2 times from the game folder on Program Files and 2 times from the copy on Documents, both had the same result, only Video on bnk folder

2 hours ago, jmplkazz said:

the problem isn't the unpacking, i already unpacked the game, the really problem is that there is only the video folder on bnk, the unpacking was incomplete, i did it 4 times, 2 times from the game folder on Program Files and 2 times from the copy on Documents, both had the same result, only Video on bnk folder

How was the unpacked folder name set? You mean that only "bnk\video" is created in that unpacked folder?

Are you definitely watching the unpacked folder after unpacking?

Edited by binbow

52 minutes ago, binbow said:

How was the unpacked folder name set? You mean that only "bnk\video" is created in that unpacked folder?

No, the others files did unpack just the "bnk/" didnt, i saw a video and there was a lot of folders inside "bnk" after unpacking like vehicles,  avatar, island etc, my bnk folder don't have these folders inside after unpacking the game.

1 hour ago, jmplkazz said:

No, the others files did unpack just the "bnk/" didnt, i saw a video and there was a lot of folders inside "bnk" after unpacking like vehicles,  avatar, island etc, my bnk folder don't have these folders inside after unpacking the game.

Do the HDD has enough space?
Ummm.. I have no idea for now, sorry

Can someone help?

Edited by binbow

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, binbow said:

@Kowa:

Here, "unpacking" means the work of decrypting an encrypted file. Therefore, repacking it again does not save space on disk, I think.

The game when i installed it without being unpacked was 14 GB and now is 30. Is there any way to bring it back to 14 or i have to install it again from scratch?

5 hours ago, Kowa said:

The game when i installed it without being unpacked was 14 GB and now is 30. Is there any way to bring it back to 14 or i have to install it again from scratch?

The unofficial patch can be easily uninstalled, but it is difficult to uninstall the serenity pack. So, yes, installing it again from scratch is the easy way.

By the way, on my computer, if install unofficial patch 0.4 after unpacking it will be 15.4GB. After that, if install the Serenity Pack (1.71), it will be 17.0GB. You may have made  mistake installing the serenity pack.

Edited by binbow

19 hours ago, binbow said:

The unofficial patch can be easily uninstalled, but it is difficult to uninstall the serenity pack. So, yes, installing it again from scratch is the easy way.

By the way, on my computer, if install unofficial patch 0.4 after unpacking it will be 15.4GB. After that, if install the Serenity Pack (1.71), it will be 17.0GB. You may have made  mistake installing the serenity pack.

30GB size was reached before i even installed the serenity pack, even before i even installed the unofficial patch. After those 2 the size is 33GB. Thus, by just unpacking, it greatly increased the folder size.

8 hours ago, Kowa said:

30GB size was reached before i even installed the serenity pack, even before i even installed the unofficial patch. After those 2 the size is 33GB. Thus, by just unpacking, it greatly increased the folder size.

The total file size of the files before/after unpacking is about 30 GB. Is it your worries about such a situation?
The original files before unpacking are no longer needed for game play and can be deleted.

------------------------------------------

For reference : Follow the procedure below.
After installing TDU2, launch the game once and complete the activation.
Use TDU2 Unpacker GUI [v1.1] for unpack.  Note: unpack in a folder different from the installed folder.
After unpacking, confirm that the game can be started normally with the unpacked file.
The original files before unpacking are no longer needed and can be deleted. However, it is recommended that you save them on a separate installation media in case you need to reinstall it.

Edited by binbow

19 hours ago, binbow said:

The total file size of the files before/after unpacking is about 30 GB. Is it your worries about such a situation?
The original files before unpacking are no longer needed for game play and can be deleted.

------------------------------------------

For reference : Follow the procedure below.
After installing TDU2, launch the game once and complete the activation.
Use TDU2 Unpacker GUI [v1.1] for unpack.  Note: unpack in a folder different from the installed folder.
After unpacking, confirm that the game can be started normally with the unpacked file.
The original files before unpacking are no longer needed and can be deleted. However, it is recommended that you save them on a separate installation media in case you need to reinstall it.

Well my SSD isn't of high capacity, so if I could somehow reduce the size even for 5GB it would help immensely, that's what worries me mostly and I'm trying to find a way to repack the game files

4 hours ago, Kowa said:

Well my SSD isn't of high capacity, so if I could somehow reduce the size even for 5GB it would help immensely, that's what worries me mostly and I'm trying to find a way to repack the game files

Windows has the ability to compress the entire drive. How about trying it out.