We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dunno. I've never used the cockpit view when I was playing GRID few years ago, loved the hood view when going down the Japan hills in the BNR34. I also don't use it in TDU much. The only game I play with the cokcpit view on is BMW M3 Challenge. :lol: So I think it is up to each person what he prefers. Although lack of cockpit view in a racing game in 21st Century with the graphics we can achieve is weird.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mr.Apoo: Codies ''explained'' they left cockpit view out to spend more detail to the cars and surroundings. And that's very visible: the surroundings are great and full of stuff, but the cars don't seem that much better in quality than in GRID 1. The interiors are awful though for today's standards in such an ''AAA-racing title'', flat and low-detail, and sometimes I think even modeled wrong. I'm not too bothered though, I always use a near chase view anyway.

I still don't understand why the lack of cockpit view is such a big issue.

I get that a cockpit view restricts view and add mores challenge. I drove all my Forza career in that view and loved it.

As soon as I played online though I had to change to a more open view to combat the 'cheaters'.

But whether it makes a game more realistic is debatable:

When I'm in my car my cockpit has a 360° view.

I can actually feel the car and therefore have real spatial awareness of what its doing and where its pointing.

I know its extremities because I can see them… not by some trial and error experience.

In every game this cockpit is never like it really should be. The driving world may be 3D, but your view is a 2D translation of it that you can't adjust.

My eyes look left and right but in game I'm always forced to look in just on direction. Sometimes you can glance left and right but this is always at the expense of your straight ahead view.

Cockpits are fun, but a lack of one is not such a game killer for me. I'd much rather have good physics than a cockpit… TDU

And if anyone here disagrees with that last point you're more stupid than your bully says you are. :cheeky:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...