We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Particular update download possible?

VanquishHH

Hi,

I had to re-install TDU2. Luckily I could put my saved files easily into the new installed game, so all mods and savegames are still there.

To my amazement, it seems that - in spite of a running savegame - the game is not updated (I thought the updates would be saved in the savegame data).

That means - and I love it - I only have sunshine and no clouds.

Unfortunately it also means I only have a non-metallic paint for the cars (and I don´t know if the paint shop mod will run) and also can´t use the ignition mod (which is not that bad).

Is there a possibility to download the updates manually? I would like to have metallic paint for the cars, but I don´t want rain anymore. :D

cheers

The way you update the game is by connecting as normal using UPLAUNCHER and it will detect you are not updated, then go and get them for you. So the answer would be NO you cannot manually download what updates you choose. besides you wouldnt be able to play online, ever. You must be FULLY updated to go online. (unless your running a pirate copy then it wouldnt really matter about going online)

• 2 weeks later...
The way you update the game is by connecting as normal using UPLAUNCHER and it will detect you are not updated, then go and get them for you. So the answer would be NO you cannot manually download what updates you choose. besides you wouldnt be able to play online, ever. You must be FULLY updated to go online. (unless your running a pirate copy then it wouldnt really matter about going online)

Thanks for your kind answer, I have just read it.

That´s what I guessed...

Well, I enjoy the game without rain (using a Pagani convertible the whole time). :duck:

• 1 month later...

I don't know if you've already figured this out, but you can play the game in any build you want. Downside to it is that you can't play online...

What you do is install the game. Then let the uplauncher download and install all the patches for you. Then extract the game like you would anytime you want to mod. Now Google and download the testdrive.exec specific for the build you want to play. Just replace the .exec in your main directory with this one. Now run the game with universal launcher. The game will then run on that specific patch.

For example, I personally use build 11. The reason is that I can use Camhack 1.3.1 with that build, while every build above that doesn't support it (I think...). I hope this is what you were looking for. Happy gaming! :)

On a side note, if you downgrade your game from build 16 to 11, all DLC cars that you had to pay for in the latest patch become available for purchase. The only vehicles that can't be purchased are bikes.

On a side note, if you downgrade your game from build 16 to 11, all DLC cars that you had to pay for in the latest patch become available for purchase. The only vehicles that can't be purchased are bikes.

On another side note. If anyone thinks " hey that sounds like a great idea to get free dlc, i can use an old exe to buy the cars offline, then replace my exe again and go online, with my new bought cars" you will almost certainly get a "DLC HACK DETECTED" warning.. You wont get banned for it, but you will get booted back to the start menu and all your "acquired" dlc will turn into Miami Mustangs. There is no longer any way to get the dlc cars for free, even via memory hacking. I know we are not allowed to discuss dlc hacking or anything, so im not gonna explain about stuff like that here, but i just wanted to let you guys know before you try something like this thinking it might work.. It won't.

The only time you can hack dlc cars is if you have already paid for them, so really all you are doing is the equivalent of buying the car from the showroom for a cheaper price..