We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anybody Flight Sim on here

Broseph

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im in fs9. But know we all can fly together... Used to do it some time ago.... Was tempted to try VATSIM. But really need to brush up on ATC communication lol. Any of you guys try out FSEconomy ?

Hell... I didn't even know all you guys flew in FS9/FSX. I think i saw stuff with patchy and ozzmcom..... and that was it...

Insert shameless plug here

FS Economy

FSEconomy Forums

Its a womderful and friendly forum, and a fun way to flight sim with a reason.

Its basically putting into an economy into flight sim. You pick up and drp off pax and/or cargo. Make money, build up businesses and fbos, buy aircraft and fly from anywhere in what ever aircraft you own or rent. Its soo much to list

I Have a few hours flight logged... Made.my self in total v$120k. Saving up for my first plane. Im enjoying it get to fully use the planes you download. Just make sure they are on the list. Were now startin to get into the heavys. 727 is the first of the heavy iron .

The problem I have with FSX are the crappy graphics and crappy FPS despite having a much better PC than whatever was available when the game came out. Obviously there are good (expensive) mods out there, but if there's a big improvement with reasonable or no fee then I'd be interested to see links posted.

The problem I have with FSX are the crappy graphics and crappy FPS despite having a much better PC than whatever was available when the game came out. Obviously there are good (expensive) mods out there, but if there's a big improvement with reasonable or no fee then I'd be interested to see links posted.

well fsx is like rfactor, it's not very good unless you mod it. There are many terrain,texture mods with many planes mods as well. Pretty sure a large portion of it is not free though.

The fps hasn't been a problem for me since I've got the additional ram installed. 64-bit os is a must btw.

Nuno knew a lot more than me so if you can catch him he could recommend some free mods.

Bojote's Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX[/url]

Try that online tool to auto config your FSX CFG File :) Worked well for me, If not i have found some others that im yet to test that adds some great FPS

>.< Hate to sound like a total goof. But is there a type of tool that does the same for FS9

Oh BTW here's what the description of FSEconomy for anybody whos interested.

FSEconomy is an economical environment for General Aviation flight simmers! You are a "pilot for hire", and you will use various aircraft to fly passengers and/or cargo that are scattered throughout the flight simulator world. The virtual money you earn from flying can be used within the FSE world to buy aircraft, start a Virtual Airline, or open an FBO business. FBOs (or Fixed-Base Operator) sell fuel, provide aircraft maintenance services, sell avionics, and can operate a small passenger terminal.

FSEconomy does not simulate a "scheduled airline" type of environment. The game will place paying passengers/cargo randomly at all of the world's airports, with random destinations. As an FSE pilot, you must choose the best available aircraft for the job given the assignment and revenue. You must either rent an aircraft or use one that you own. You can choose a career on your own or you can start (or join) a group of other pilots. "Groups" can collectively own an aircraft and share it amongst themselves to create a realistic business.

FSEconomy consists of a website and a small software program that interacts with your Microsoft or X-Plane Flight Simulator. The website is where you find assignments; rent, buy, sell, and maintain your aircraft; manage your bank account; and join or start groups. The software program (called the 'Agent' or 'Client') is what is used to connect your Flight Simulator environment with the FSE website database.

The world of FSEconomy is filled with aircraft of various makes and models. These aircraft are persistent and accumulate engine and airframe time when used. Aircraft can only be flown by one pilot at a time and are only available at the location that they were last flown to. The fuel level is monitored by the agent, and the next person to use that aircraft will have to start with the fuel level that the last pilot left it with.

Every airport has the capability to generate assignments which are available to everybody using the FSE system on a first-come, first-served basis. Multiple assignments can be flown simultaneously and assignments can be locked for later use (beware of assignment expiration times). Assignments may also be claimed by Flight Groups, so pilots who are part of that group can fly them.

Like the real world, assignments come and go, so it’s possible that an airport that has five jobs today could have none tomorrow. FSE is not designed to simulate scheduled-airline assignments that are always consistent; rather, it is a simulation of General Aviation -- sometimes there are jobs available, sometimes there aren't.

• 6 months later...

:bump: since I've just installed this again

Does anyone know if you can import DLC missions into the game? Has anyone built scenarios from the Air Crash Investigations TV show?

btw does anyone want to setup an online session, or are they already involved in a VA that they'd like to invite others to?

How to Join and Fly For a Virtual Airline - Editorial

yeah well it would be a pretty rubish airline with only 2 staff (one who wouldn't be extremely active either).

That said I'm sure patch will be in

Maybe find an existing one we can join? I have to brush up on my skills and find a way to make the game not lag even though the gfx look rubbish (everything is on max)

That said I'm sure patch will be in

I'm so predictable :lol: I have a busy schedule due to school but MAYBE, if there's enough interest, I can bounce myself into it, if the VA flies in IvAO. Then again, creating a VA means spending money wether it is for TS, or for the VA management software, and I don't have a job.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I heard the iVAO and VATSIM terms thrown around the web yesterday a lot and looked at VATSIM. tbh I'd rather someone with more flight hours set this up (I'm happy with we all join an existing airline such as flyuk).

A test flight revealed one small problem for me though - I did a simple flight, I followed the flight plan around one lake which took about 10 minutes, and then was supposed to fly around a second lake before landing at another runway, when I saw how massive the second lake was and saw another runway just off in the other direction I opted to go for the runway :)

I'm also still learning VOR navigation and ATC protocol (hardest part is identifying what runway that is you can see (or finding a runway that you can't see). I'm guessing you have to pause and look at the map, or have a first officer on board to manage that (you can do that, right?).

Good news is I turned down a couple of settings and no more lag. Graphics could still be a bit better though (I've installed REX 2)