We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DJoyTinnio

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you so much, and i would enjoy seeing your weather mod! Im waiting (its hard to wait) someone was trying to make a moon mod too, you think you can do that?

This is a newly revised weather system for TDU1. First to mention that in the west, the sun goes down, and again rising in the east. Yes, exactly, this of course means that a night mode is included. The streets and buildings are still good to see. It is a 6 day cycle in which every day is individually designed.

The color of the sun, of the nebula, the cloud, and their reflections on the car, change depending on the time of day and weather conditions. This concerns also the light which shines inside the interior. This means that the amatur slightly shimmers in the corresponding color of the sun or of the clouds, it depends, what applies also for street lighting. The sun remains usually white to yellow in the evening, as the clouds appear of that type sunorange, depending on humidity and temperature.

A nice example of what you can expect is, orange sunrise, sunyellow morning, cyan blue lunch with slightly sunyellow clouds going over in a light blue day with white clouds azure to deep purple with sunnyorange to darkorange clouds before it is night then. Well enough written, I must still a make video, and if it is in here also the download is in.

I wish happy anticipation, even though TDU said this month not to be online available anymore. Due to this, I am just saying I would pay to play TDU also monthly. This is dedicated to all who are well disposed towards me, and those who just know that TDU1, from a riding point of view, still has much more to offer than the second part. I hope that this weather will help and be my part of keeping this game alive. The community deserves it to be able to play online at least as a payment option, although sometimes rough on Atari is scolded. So, now video :-).

I tested it, i posted some pictures. I hope you like them and the ingame feeling. By the way maciuk is working on an amazing moon edition. Not sure if he still does work on it, but the threat is there. So your question is answered acevt. It is possible. These emblems on the engine shine in the yellow of the clouds or sun sometimes. Looks like golden emblems. This happens to all metal materials outside on a car i guess. Did not test all cars yet with the new weather. Another thing is. At the moment there is no normal glow but the star glow activated a bit in the high definition grafic mode. If you want i can do a second version without the starglow, but a bit or much normal glow. Therefore i would have to reduce every single colour in the ini a bit. Because when i put only a bit normal glow in in the actual version, the weather gets so bright, wich has it's charm, as in reality you are not able to look directly into the sun too. But i think when the sun lightens up a cloud so much , that you have problems to see where the sun is in the clouds, it's just too much. The high definition mode puts more brightness into the graphics. I started with normal mode, and then converted it into high definition. So the problem was there. The people who downloaded before yesterday, should do it again because i uploaded an improved FX and weather.ini . The far grass was way too big and got smaller while coming towards you. And i adjusted the contrast of the roads the ground and the trees along with the daytime. The fog in nonhdr nightime is now more far away. Now whoever likes to make a video or pictures and post here, do so. Would make me smile. All have fun with it. Tinnio

thanks for your works. :) my thought after a few hours driving and only my private taste nothing wrong with mod.

a) there is too much yellow about sunrise and too much pinky after sunset. feel like wandering in fantasy island.

b) night time is good. I can see near-field clearly and driving with no problem.

c) consume some framerate out of my Labtop, but my PC running fine.

some pics...

[ATTACH]18025[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18026[/ATTACH]

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it. And, yes you are right, it is a bit too much yellow middle of the day sometimes. I want to smooth the transition between the different cloud colours next days. My thinking is, flat sun more yellow and red light, because more athmosphere to pass through. And even more in the evening, because then the air is more heaten up than in the morning and keeps more water in itself. But hey, can be morningred too. There are so many kinds of weather. At the moment there are 2 sunsets wich are both supposed to be dark lila sky with yelloworange and redorange clouds. I want to add an a bit more normal regular sunset or 2 or 3. 6 days cycle means 4 more possibilities. Suggestions, example pictures, wishes can be placed here. Question, on the second picture, is this with or without hdr on ? I am surprised how good the clouds turn out. I never have so many clouds here. And not so crisp. Don't know why. Allways look like on the first of your pictures. I want to achieve a fully clouded evening where the sky only shines through in some spots. Like in some of these pictures. No photoshop done on these. And yes, no fantasy but fantastic. Thanks again for your reply. Wow i got a modder batch :-)

[ATTACH]18042[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18043[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18044[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18045[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy the update :-) .

Thanks boer86.

El Exotico , i don't know if it is , because i have seen they changed the color of some plants, and i don't know if they changed that by the sunambientcolor, wich would mean a change in the weatherdata, or if they changed the 3d model of them themselves. The other thing is, my fx.ini is optimized for normal TDU grass. So the paradise plants may appear too small if you use it with the paradise mod. What you can do is look in my fx and hdriconf, and copy only the hdri glow settings ( glow star and normal glow ) into the same paradise data . I have the normal glow and the star glow only activated in the interior. Outside the car its only star glow. But i want to make a version with only normal glow. Didn't try yet if there are many adjustments to be done then. I also thought about an hdr version without both of the glows. Looks like normal resolution with no difference, i 've tried it. This would be cool for those who like normal grafics, but want to use other mods that need hdr activated. Didn't check yet if the HD patch for example uses any weatherdata. And i lately got that white cars and white parts of the cars are showing colors because of my edit. But i find the overall change so beautiful that i didn't stop because only of that. I try to set the car settings in general so that the cars that want to be white can stay white. But not know, i am again pretty done from another month work on this weather. I mean it, i have to take a rest from those numbers and do other stuff. Edit : Carcolours are correct now. It was like someone tried to stop me from going on. And hdr mode nearly drove me mad. Sometimes you think it is activated, you adjust colors, then suddendly it shows hdr and the colors are messed up because they are too bright. I think i sure do faults that cause that, and can be happy with the results knowing they are not exactly what i want. I mean i didn't get teached by someone, only knew some basics. Enough written now. Enjoy the update, at least for the normal grafic mode, i would pay for it, if it was a dlc or something like that. Bye for now. Tinnio

Heya cs. Yeah we couldn't even say goodbye to oneanother everybody cause game was not online anymore one day earlier than said. The download is an update. It normally must be timestamped with 29 Sept. round about 22 o clock . I tried just now and it is what its supposed to be. Created date 29. , changed date the same. Try again in new named folder as the filename is exactly the same in update. Sometimes the folders in wich you replace samenamed existing files keep their timestamp but the files in it are refreshed. Please tell me if it doesn't work for you somehow. Sorry for the previous version with the plants becoming the smaller the nearer, and the strange cloudcolors. Plenty fun with the edit. So long. Regards

Ok, do that. Must say second day after not seeing those numbers feels pretty good. I'm good at maths but i don't like numbers. Thanks by the way for telling me that there is a way to convert my online profile into an offlineprofile. Worked all good.

For those who read now. Here is the solution. Get any hex editor from the internet. Copy your online profile before that because what you are about to do could go wrong. Now you start hex editor. Go to tools , then choose filecomparison. The program now needs you to confirm the 14 days trial version in some cases. In my case it was for free so i did it. Window comes up with 2 filedirectories to be selected. The one at the top is your source, playersave 1 file in your onlineprofile, the one below is the aim. playersave 1 file in a newly by you created offlineprofile, you can call it the same name like your online one. If you want to do so, you'll have to delete your offlineprofile first. Think of backuping all your pictures, music and bookmarks from your onlinesavegame before doing so. You'll have to buy the first flat in the game and do the first race so it gets saved in your savegamefolder. Make a backup of it. If you have chosen the 2 directories click ok. The program now shows your online profile above the new offline one. There are many numbers. Click on the first number of your source so that the window at the top gets chosen. Then click edit then press go to offset. Type in 50. This will set the curser in the filewindow to the 50th position in them numbers. Read the numbers just like written text while counting them to make sure it are 50 before the curser. Now click and hold the curser and drag a frame arround all other numbers in the window. Just like you select more than one folder in windows. Make sure there are still 50 numbers before the selected frame. Now rightclick on the first number in the frame and select copy. Then you go to your aim numberwindow and select a frame just the same way like before in the source. Again rightclick on the first number of the frame, select paste. Then go to file and press save or save all. Now you go to your new offlineprofile savegamefolder and copy all files from playersave 1 folder into your playersave 2 folder and replace all existing files while doing so. Now your offlineprofile should have all the progress of your online one. Including flats, your money, cars, their paint, mile or kilometerstanding, the look of your character, everything. I am not responsible if it doesn't work for you, wich if so doesn't matter because you sure did the backup copy before, like i told you. :-)

I was so happy to not have lost all the 56 cars, especially my 46 000 km f430 and my character. So thanks again. Nice deeeeeey , hehe. Tinnio

Ok, do that. Must say second day after not seeing those numbers feels pretty good. I am good at maths but i don't like numbers. Thanks by the way for telling me that there is a way to convert my online profile into an offlineprofile. ................ Worked all good. I was so happy to not have lost all the 56 cars, especially my 46 000 km f430 and my character. So thanks again. Nice deeeeeey , hehe. Tinnio

Glad to hear it worked for you. Not bad for pulling that old info out of my head (not an easy task these days) :) I haven't done it yet, but will soon. If it wasn't for the mileage, I wouldn't bother. Have a great day. cya later.

I've done this with the ingame brightness set to less than the half. If you turn your brightness a bit higher should improve it more for your taste. In your day picture the saturation is very low. Little colors. I could make the island look like this, but then when driving inbetween wooden areas the green of the grass and the trees would be the same like the green in distance. Not only the green. The brown of the trees would turn grey again, the earth too, houses would be grey wich makes the texture details look not so good. I am 32 years old, and when i was a young kid, i clearly remember that the sun was not that too strong like it is today. The white of things at daytime was an a bit more creamy one. And the sun was supporting the color of things not overbrightening it like today. There was a golden sunlight like it today only is in the morning or afternoon. I could use a light white fog and put it over the island to get this hot day look you are missing, but i don't want that. Would ruin the far distance view when driving and increase the overall performance of the game. I reduced the saturation only in the morning, when it is lightly rainy, at evening and of course at night. I won't touch the day as i find its colors stunning when driving through wooden curvy mountain roads with some buildings sometimes wich are delighted by the sun in golden light. Next thing is, if there are clouds, it is not so bright at all. And when looking over the island i want to see a healthy green island. No desert there. Don't get me wrong, I've seen you liked the thread. So i am not defending myself here. The stones for example are lightly brown in my edit. If i change the colors to be more bright white at day in general, their color would be grey. That's the same with all other things on the island. I had to decide for a color concept and keep it. A green roof of a building doesn't change from normal green to blueish green when only the sun is more shining for example. The only thing that changes is its brightness. So try my suggestion and change your brightness settings. This way i have no additional work and others who like the edit at day can enjoy it on like it is. Tinnio

Edit : I touched the day :-) , because i had to do a compromisation. I am working on taking out some yellow of the sunambientcolor due to the cars to be white when they are supposed to be. Wich corrects all other carcolors too. Lightblue was a problem too. Sideeffect is that the look of the day is getting brighter. Same thing with the roadmapcolor wich was a bit too yellowish. I am nearly ready with that. Only mornings raincloudyday and evenings left to do. I added some fog the early day after rainyday. The idea was to create the feeling that the sun gets the water out of the ground from the rain of the day before. Then midday fog away again hole day long. Thought about very smoothly moonlit dark grey blueish clouds at night as a night version or half of the night.

I update when its all done. Orientational update date, maybe final version coming 12.12.2012.

Last time for 98 years that we have the number of the year 3 times in the date. Yep, very sad that is, hehe. Good marriage date to remember allways and forever and never ever forget it. Bye for now.

Heya all. Yesterday i've noticed that i had the clouds file from another mod installed in wich you could choose between no clouds few clouds and all clouds. I chose few clouds these days because i thought it would be better for my system to handle it and gain more fps. Now i have the original file with all clouds in my game again, and i know now why some guys even had no clouds at all or too much of them. Sorry for this. You will soon have your clear blue sky sometimes. Edit : As i said, i've done a bit work with the clouds in both grafic modes. The normal mode is nearly ready. The other one is 90% ready. Didn't check 2 or 3 daytimes yet. The day is not so fully clouded anymore but i kept the big white cloudmountains in the distance. I could not decide in wich daytime i want to have completely no clouds yet. Many many clouds should now only be in the rainylike day and in the afternoon. Tinnio

• 4 months later...