We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Assetto Corsa {DT} - General Discussion Thread

Ryzza5

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to notice that Assetto Corsa will offer the best modding tools never seen in a racing game as it's just the tools used by the developpement team and made to be easy to use. You ll be even able to modify the full game, script new features and more. Physics are one of the best and rendering are quite high level with Dx11 support. Laserscanned tracks for an accurate feeling. The most important features is that Assetto Corsa is not edited by Atari...

[mod edit:] Please don't embed more than two videos per post, thanks.

Can't wait. The first images of the game didn't get me hyped, but oh boy this did.

Wonder how it will pace against pCARS, or how pCARS will pace against it :p

The ferrari looks great, and its sliding, in pCARS sliding isn't quite well done.

Can't wait till both of them are out here, and we can have a hands-on review!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well for the first release this is the car list.. i think is a good car list but need more cars in the future.

Abarth 500 SS

-

BMW 1M - 1.0

BMW M3 E92 - 1.0

BMW M3 GT2 - 1.0

BMW M3 E30 EVO - 1.0

BMW Z4 E89 - 1.0

BMW Z4 GT3 - 1.0

-

Ferrari 458 Italia

Ferrari TBA

Ferrari TBA

Ferrari TBA

Ferrari TBA

Ferrari P4/5 Competizione by Pininfarina

-

KTM X-bow R

-

Lotus Elan

Lotus EVORA GTE - 1.0

Lotus EVORA S - 1.0

Lotus 2-ELEVEN - 1.0

Lotus 2-ELEVEN GT4 - 1.0

Lotus Exige ´12 - 1.0

Lotus Elise SC - 1.0

Lotus 25

Lotus 33

Lotus 49 - 1.0

Lotus 49C

Lotus 72 - 1.0

Lotus 98T - 1.0

Lotus T125

-

Pagani Zonda R - 1.0

-

Tatuus FA01

Tatuus Prototype PY 012

Future DLC

BMW M3 E30 DTM - Future DLC

BMW 1M Safety Car - Future DLC

well for the first release this is the car list.. i think is a good car list but need more cars in the future.

BMW 1M - 1.0

BMW M3 E92 - 1.0

BMW M3 GT2 - 1.0

BMW M3 E30 EVO - 1.0

BMW Z4 E89 - 1.0

BMW Z4 GT3 - 1.0

BMW M3 E30 DTM - Future DLC

BMW 1M Safety Car - Future DLC

fixed that for you :D

Game is said from the devs as having 70k poly cars.

I think most of the modders are thinking that more than 100k is an impossible way and it will create FPS issue.

I am planning more than 500k for my BMW and 2CV too. But depending on how the game engine run with it, I can try to modelize more thing like tire treat and all the side letters in 3D, engine, and more. Actually the 500k Poly are used for an extremely accurate and smoothed shape (without any smoothing tools, it's still hand made work cause optimization mesh). Goal is to develop features aiming to have all car functions working on the cockpit, until Airbag.

The Supra will be extrem too, I think 1 million polys... Shadowworks | Works Blog

About the modding quality, the actual projects in Assetto are quite very good quality. People that show something before the game released, don't take risk. I think there will be less mods than TDU1 had, especially less ripped models. Most of the modders should be serious modders, looking for racing car/championship, doing themselves their models, working on teams, and respecting 70k polys standard. Not as much as rFactor but quite some of them. Of course, less supercar and more oldies and prototype/F1.

But about me, it's just a new and better TDU and lot of people planning to use Assetto to drive, not to race. There will be probably never traffic, but 8 players + 3 traffic cars is really better than 32 players ride and no traffic? Especially on a country roads environnement where there is no traffic anyway. Who miss the traffic lags and their poor quality model except people playing solo?

Djey is working on new mod installer for manage installationn group. example : user can choose what texture quality he want, what model quality, sound quality, managing himself his ressources for a lighter mod if he have old PC and play 30 player online race, or a playsatstion 5 tech demo lookslike if he play TA solo with the last alienware released.

Problems we had with TDU in managing different physics on the database will be not on Assetto, modding there is just standalone addons.