We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Assetto Corsa {DT} - General Discussion Thread

Ryzza5

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I have the tech preview as I'm a hardcore Fanatec customer and they were nice enough to send every Fanatec customer a tech preview key :D

I have to say, it looks like GT5, the engine sounds a bit boring and I need AI drivers, more tracks and more cars, RIGHT NOW! :P

Does anybody know if there will be performance upgrades?

Can't wait..

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game is going to be an instant buy with it, probably going to be bought along a G27 when it launches.I love the weight transfer of the cars, the physics are awesome, I tried the Tech Preview and loved it, and this being mod-friendly, I think that will only enhance the games value, especially if mods are going to be run through Steam's workshop.

^ :nods:

An Italian pro driver posted this, shared via AC FB page:

Today, thanks to the staff of Assetto Corsa and Luca Casarotto, I had the opportunity to test their simulator.

I'd like to state that I'm not paid by Kunos Simulazione, except for the coffee, and indeed I'd like to thank them for their commitment and dedication. I'm looking forward to buy a copy immediately.

The impression, never had with other simulators, is the feeling of the car, the feel of the tyres / adhesion and especially not having to do "forced" trajectories where the grip is higher. I started at Imola, professional bias, with the 458 gt2, the car with which I won the 6h Vallelunga in real life.

In terms of graphics the combination of track/car give a staggering result, but I do not give that much importance to the beauty. I go out of the pits on cold tires and forcing immediately I can feel that the car is not ready .. taking it easy for 2-3 laps and apart than overshooting the braking point a couple of times, I never go in spin. It's not me that is good but the fact that I finally feel so gradually the loss of grip on the gas. Counter steering gives an obvious waste of laptime, but also big satisfaction for having controlled oversteer in third and fourth gear.

I could never drive like this right out of the box with any simulator, 5-6 consecutive laps without crashing heavily somewhere. Sorry in advance for the long post, I will add details if anyone is interested.

Trying the 599xxEvo, that I've really driven, the admiration for Assetto Corsa increases. From the sound to the violence of the acceleration, to the active rear wing, stunning in the replays... and then a bit of vintage Lotus Senna (98T) where you are brainwashed... manual gearbox, locking the wheels, turbo lag... thank god for modern electronics! Beautiful and cursed at the same time.

Changing to the road car BMW M3 where Aris gave me a little lesson on drifting... you can appreciate the drive-ability and the sincerity of the steering wheel even more.. Watching the replay at Magione of car drifting, let you speechless, but not with me driving eh!!

I have one word to describe Assetto Corsa. SENSATIONAL CORSA! I'd like to thank all the guys at Assetto Corsa for the opportunity. Last thing, I wanted to write what I really think based on my real life experience, so it should be taken as a free personal thinking that you might agree or not! Ciao!

Definitely sounds really great...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HELL DAMN YEAH. :yay:

Dear followers, finally the AC release is very close.

The Assetto Corsa's official site, Our site is temporarily down for maintenance.</br> We will be back... "soonâ„¢" is under maintenance: when it will come back online, all the information about the game, its contents and features, the hardware requirements and much more, will be finally available.

More importantly, the release of Assetto Corsa is imminent. Because of some issues (you can read about that here:

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/726358147390506), we have had to change some assets of our strategy, finding the solution that will make you happy and will let the development team complete its job as soon as possible, and at its best.

Assetto Corsa will be available on Steam Early Access very, very soon. The game will cost 34,99 Eur (allowing to save 22% of the retail price!) and will give you access to the beta version, including its updates, plus the final version.

The latest news is that we have decided to include the Spa-Francorchamps track and three additional GT cars (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3 and Lotus Evora GTC) in the main build of the game, to offer to you the best selection of cars and tracks that we are able to deliver, without any additional cost. We hope you appreciate it. Thanks to this addition, Assetto Corsa will include in total 35 cars, 16 vehicle classes, 11 circuits and 3 additional scenarios. Other extra contents will be added in 2014, in order to guarantee a long-life to this simulation.

The first build of Assetto Corsa includes the main structure of the game and 8 classes of cars for a total number of 11 vehicles, with the aim to guarantee just from the beginning the chance to enjoy the dynamic model of the game racing with different kind of vehicles.

As part of the early access program, an update with new cars, tracks and features will be available every two weeks, adding new contents and improving the existing ones. All the vehicles and tracks will be released in a level of completion close to the final one, with the aim to deliver, starting by the first version, an enjoyable and satisfying simulation, featuring cars and tracks reproduced at their best, with the exception of unknown minor bugs that will be fixed and polished in time for Assetto Corsa 1.0.

During the whole process, the AI, Multiplayer and damage model features will be progressively added in the scheduled time, in order to close in short time the final release, that will include the career mode and other exclusive contents.

Gentlemen, start your modems!

35 €? All my savings but I might consider getting it as it is too good to let it go.