We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon - TDUCk Community playtime thread

superhyper

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad to announce that TDUCk community playtimes will be making a comeback in Forza Horizon! :D

This thread is for general discussion about the events, every week will have it's own entry thread. Also, suggestions and questions can be asked here, or if you can't post it here for some reason, you can PM me or Clarence.

The events will be much like the ones we had in FM4. Kicking off is a cruise with themed cars (theme varies every week, can be checked in the entry thread). After that we'll have all kinds of fun and crazy stuff, more on that later ;) If you have any suggestions regarding the themes or activities, be sure to say it out loud! We're doing this for you and all of your suggestions will be at least noted in the planning process.

But first thing first, we need to see if we have to split the group into two because of the stupid 8 player limit. The events are on weekends, we haven't decided a time either. So if you could post here whether you are interested or not and tell us the day(s) (Saturday/Sunday) & times when you are supposedly free. The first event will probably be on 4th of November, depending on stuff. :)

I'm really excited about this. Looking forward to seeing you guys online! :D -Santtu

Guest MrLolololXD

If the events are only gonna be on weekends, make them on Saturday. That's why I never participated in the FM4 playtimes, they were all at like 4am on a Monday morning for me when I have work.

We should take a complete stab in the dark by trying to organize the first one now, before we know any details about MP :D

Just let it flow... if you try to organise too much it will only be a short time before it becomes as stifled as it was in FM4 where we had to do the same FK cruise every week. :rolleyes:

TDUs 'Crap Car Cannonballs' and mafia cruises came about because they were impromtu inspirations. FM4 had a restrictive environment.

FH is a completely different kettle of fish... I say lets just get on there and cruise the sheet out of the place. :)

The point of organization is to have varied activities. It's not every day that we get a big bunch of TDUCkers together to play so we want to have something else than cruising, even though the main focus will probably move towards the cruising itself. We aim to have different themes each week which should leave you with lots of choices for your car so that shouldn't be a problem either. And at some point of the cruise someone will say "allright, enough of this" and then we'll start doing tag and so on, which worked well in FM4 tbh. As the environment isn't as restricted in this one, I think we'll find it even easier to come up with new activities every time. I don't think there will be a strict schedule with "Virus tag at 15:00, Cat&Mouse at 15:30" etc.

We'll see how things shape up.

We can cruse, then if we all agree can do a few mini games or race, then cruse again! So just agree on a meet up time & ingame location. :)

We can have set dates(Saturdays or whatever), but can also do stuff spur of the moment as well, such as randomly having one on Friday night or whatever.

^Of course there will always be loads of random cruises organized in the cb or so :) Also, if you guys don't start saying anything about the fitting times, see you at 3PM GMT on 4.11. :cheeky: (this could actually be the case as it seemed to be a good time for everyone except the aussies :hmmm:)

I have to host on Sunday lads and lassies, so I won't be helping the Aussies out there - I work most Saturday's so there's no point in me hosting a cruise on that day. I just physically can't.

So perhaps we could have one on Saturday and one on Sunday? I'd naturally be obliged to welcome anyone who had time on Sunday to come cruise and have some fun with my group :p

I like to finish up my gaming by 11.30 at the latest. Big problem is that we'll be yet another hour ahead of you starting next week, and then a second hour in front when BST ends for you guys (when is that btw?) So a 1pm start for SuperHyper might then be an 11am start.

I can host any time on Sunday from 10AM - whenever.

10 AM on Sunday my time, however is midnight AEST. So for the Aussies, I'd have to get up even earlier. WHICH is a possibility. I could drag myself out of bed at 8 AM for you lads so it would be 10 PM your time at that point.

Let me know what you think, Pacific Islanders.

I think it would be better to wait until the game comes out before finalising. :)

On Sundays I usually play indoor soccer from 6.30 til 8pm and then come home stuffed, have a shower, and then am sockless so I tend to bother not wasting a pair of socks to play on the wheel and end up watching TV in bed so I'm rested enough for another working week

Guest MrLolololXD

Yeah I wouldn't really be able to start to play at 10pm either on Sunday. I usually 'try' to go to bed at 10:30-11pm on a work night because I have to get up at 6:45am for work :(

Nice one Super' :thumbsup:

I'll also be playing with whoever else I can... Have really missed a good TDU style game where we can just piss about.

I only started playing Forza because TDU died and continued because nothing else materialised... MC:LA was nearly close.

I just hope my original TDU experiences haven't set too high expectations... I have doubts that FH will allow us that freedom (and i'm not talking the physical freedom)

• 1 month later...