We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[PC] Convert your online profile to offline tutorial

DJoyTinnio

Good thread :)

will start converting my online profile to offline, I'll keep you updated !

Edit : it works.

Important things :

- the file to edit is playersave, not commondt.sav

- since file size is about 256kbytes, selecting above the first 50 bytes from source can be very long, depending on which hex edit soft you're using. In my case, Hex Workshop is very powerful since it allows to select all bytes from menu (Edit -> select block) without dragging around with mouse cursor. Just enter the end of the area to select

- beware when pasting in the target playersave : in my case it was inserted not replaced so I had to delete old garbage at the end of file !

- at the end, do not forget to copy contents from online profile to new offline profile : bookmark, Radio, IGE, Photo folders.

Thanks !

Thanks DJey, glad it worked for you. But for those who got irritated, the numbers you have to copy and paste are the ones BELOW the first 50, not above them. Sure nobody was able to do a fault here because above the first 50 there is nothing to be chosen due to they are the FIRST :-) . Only wanted to end the confusion someone maybe could have gotten.

Dani, i can only speak for myself when i say, no, i won't make a video for this. Make a backup of what you want to keep. This way you have as many tries as you need to do it. Tinnio

It's easy to make a mistake with this sort of stuff. Just reload your backup and give it another try.

I did it for about 10 times.

I might be missing something though.

I log into my offline profile start the game, choose the character, rent the car and then the save file is created. I close the game after that. Do I have to do the first 2-3 missions so I can access the map first?

well anyway I go to the 50th position on the online profile 'playersave' and copy the rest to the new offline profile 'playersave' (starting from 50th position). Then copy that file to playersave2.

not sure where I'm going wrong

---------- Post added at 15:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 PM ----------

ok tried as I mentioned above the map thing , It worked ! yay

I did it for about 10 times.

I might be missing something though...(edited for brevity)......not sure where I'm going wrong

---------- Post added at 15:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 PM ----------

ok tried as I mentioned above the map thing , It worked ! yay

Good to hear that you figured it out. Congrats!

No doubt there will others looking for help, so tell us what it was you did wrong, please.

-----------------------------------------

Clarification for all those that use djtinnio's procedure description in the first post:

The group of data that you copy from one profile to another, will be only the 51st position through the end.

Anybody can make a short video tutorial (or in pictures) about this? Im so stupid in hex editor modding and my english also not perfect. :)

Watch this video: http://s49.beta.photobucket.com/user/trilegdog/media/TDU/TDUProfileFix_zpsed54886c.mp4.html

You can also download the video from here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22438231/TDUProfileFix.zip

Keep in mind that this video was created to explain how to change an off-line profile to an on-line profile, so the video is working with the first 50 positions, where you'll be working with the 51st through the ending positions, but the concept, and using Hex Workshop is the same. I'm sure that DJ would create a video or a "how to" guide with pictures if he had the time, but it is quite a time consuming task to create such things.

Hope this helps.

http://s49.beta.photobucket.com/user/trilegdog/media/TDU/TDUProfileFix_zpsed54886c.mp4.html[/url]

You can also download the video from here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22438231/TDUProfileFix.zip

Keep in mind that this video was created to explain how to change an off-line profile to an on-line profile, so the video is working with the first 50 positions, where you'll be working with the 51st through the ending positions, but the concept, and using Hex Workshop is the same. I'm sure that DJ would create a video or a "how to" guide with pictures if he had the time, but it is quite a time consuming task to create such things.

Hope this helps.

Thx alot! But it not work at me. :/ I copied the datas of my new offline save and paste it to my online profile, but it want to connect to the tdu server. :S

Did you read the sentence beginning with *Keep in mind...* :)

Try doing it the other way around.

:lol: I just knew that I should have used "BOLD" and "UNDERLINED" text on that part. But hey, it was bound to happen.

Kind of like that old saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". :)

The funny thing is I haven't even tried to do this myself yet and I was able to pick that up pretty easily. Even if I hadn't read the instructions and tried what he did and saw that result I would naturally assume to try it again the other way around. Some people just have no nouse. :) That said he's got a modder badge so don't know what's up with that :lol:

He probably just needed a good night's rest before he tried it. I know I can get a little sloppy if I try something like that after a long day. :)

I just noticed the modder badge. Pretty sweet! I'll have to see which mod he worked on.

I should have some kind of special badge, since I'm the only person to get a TDU mod directly approved by Atari. The Ace Project.

Thanks, buddy! I really appreciate it! That now makes you and my dog that thinks I'm special. :)

I think I archived it from the old archive forums before they closed it (I kind of doubt that they will still have that archive available when/if the Atari forums comes back online).

I'll see if I can pull it back together for posting. It possibly could be useful if anyone ever manages to get multiplayer working again.

Could try and integrate it with other MP only achievements perhaps so offline players can reach Ace. Or at the very least integrate it with the guide in this thread. There's also a slight chance I've still got the guide on my PC

btw there's always a slight chance Diablo yells at me for doing this :lol: