We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUCk's very own Minecraft server!

cis4care

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've been interested if there was no PvP. I just like to build stuff.

I haven't played Minecraft in ages as I can't find a good community server, the last one I was on basically got nuked by an update leaving a huge scar all the way across the map. Then the admin(s) decided they wanted people to sign up to a website and do this, that and the other with a new map, so I gave up with it.

PvP will be enabled for the sole purpose of being able to inflict a penalty on another player who's destroyed any of your property/looted any of your chests unpermitted/slept with your wife; if mindless slaughter breaks out, we will first indulge, then punish whomever started it.

you blind or what

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hamachi is a program that creates a fake LAN network that people can use to connect to each others computers. It also makes it possible for people to host servers in certain games, such as minecraft, even though they couldn't do it normally. I have tried forwarding my ports but I just can't get the server working without it so it's kinda necessary for people to download it. I'll post more instructions once I'll actually start hosting.

@Hayley: I play with other people as well, none of which use mods so I can't really be arsed installing something that I'd have to keep deleting everytime I want to play with someone else.

I kind of want to build a PvP server as well.

And Santtu, you don't have to uninstall the mods just because they aren't shared on the servers you play on, they simply do not show up in multiplayer if not allowed. That's as far as my personal experience goes, though.

I too am interested in the server details, such as ip, password, uptime.

But just incase it requires hamachi. I don't like playing without hamachi because of reasons :evil:

Which minecraft version should I use, and is it vanilla only, or a tekkit compatible server? :P Tekkit makes it a lot more interesting.