We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ETS2 and ATS discussion

Ryzza5

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing for a couple of hours and it's very good. I'm currently lost, trying to work out if the seed signs are kph or mph, trying to remember what side of the road I'm meant to be on, listening to a French 80's radio station (game has a list of European Internet stations built in, or you can add your own URLs or MP3 files TDU1 style).

I've only rolled my truck over once so far :D (also just got a speeding offence in Dover and then a wrong way offence (thought it was a dual-lane road).

Well worth the $40 so far, might have to put off playing Forza :p

How've you done that in only a few hours Baldy? Does your sat nav tell you where all the speed cameras are? :p

In a couple of hours I've only done 4 hired jobs and have about $12,000 - need ~$96,000 to buy my first truck to get the business going

^ That's where I'm at too. Myself and another driver with a 500k loan, albeit 100k paid off. Really impressed, it's surprisingly different to Scania TDS.

@Ryzza - I think there's a setting that's on by default for making all speeds MPH, it's confused me a few times too..

Oh cool, I don't really like loans in general (have never had one) which is why I was just saving up for my first truck :lol:

Yes I assumed all the speed signs would change (had already found the option), but when I saw a 30 speed sign in town I figured surely that must be 30mph = 50kph. Have never seen a 30kph speed sign in Australia. 40 is the lowest in school zones, default residential speed limit is 50, then we've got 60, 70, 80, 90, 110. 70, 90, and 110 being less common though.

Just a shame I'm stuck with a LHD truck atm :evil:

Was tempted to start in Bern, Switzerland but went for London instead. Most of my deliveries have been around France and Germany so far anyway. Still saving, nearly got 70,000E now so should be able to buy a truck in a few more hours.

Has anyone had any luck adding extra Internet Radio stations into the game? I've edited the file with URLs that work in VLC but the game doesn't load them (shows them in the list though).

Guest MrLolololXD

I'm downloading it via their torrent link, taking a while to download... uTorrent estimates 1 hour to go though.

How big is the full version to download? The demo/free version is 518mb, just wondering how much more I'll have to download to go to the full version. :hmmm:

Yes they're one and the same, you just purchase the product key.

Earned 107,000E now (would have more if I didn't keep getting speeding tickets :p) so I can afford a truck but I'll keep saving to ~145,000E to buy a more powerful one. Not sure how true to life some of those roads are bit if they are accurate then your roads are weird. :cheeky:

I also started out in London, I've been doing deliveries to France and the Netherlands mostly, just started heading towards the fun parts of europe now.

Radio doesn't work at all for me... I put- oh.. they're MP4s not MP3s, I'm guessing that's why they don't show up :p

Guest MrLolololXD

I also started in London. Custom radio stations aren't working for me either, I did it exactly as described in the read-me file. I ended up just playing the custom station I wanted through my internet browser, like Mr Nahasapeemapetilon did.

I have to say, the game amazes me. I'm running it Ultra set, it looks very nice, the HDR is very nice yet subtle, interiors have good detail, the camera movement when panning in the interiorcam is great and the trucks behave a lot better while driving than in ETS1. I'm also amazed how many dutch radio stations they included.

I started in Groningen btw, that's the city my aunts live near by and it's where my mom was born and my grandparents lived. Eventually bought myself the entry-level Mercedes truck (Majestic, whatever xD) and added other wheels, a bumperbar with lights and black paint.