We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ETS2 and ATS discussion

Ryzza5

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only played with ETS2. Good game if you have time and you like simulators. :eek: But i'm waiting for ETS3. They should just give more tools for modders and let them make the maps or something.

That's what they said :

The vision for SCS Blender Tools is to eventually have it become a common standard out there for how Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator mods are created and shared. The hot "buzzword" or "buzz term" in the games industry these days is User Generated Content, stuff that communities of game fans can produce on their own to improve the games they love, and we would definitely like to help our already very active fan community produce higher quality, easier-to-share content for our games. We have Steam Workshop in our sights as the likely platform for wide-scale mod exchange, and for that we need rock solid asset creation and export pipeline. If we achieve 100% technical compatibility between SCS-created content and user-generated content, the holy grail would be very close cooperation with the creators - possibly even integration of the best mods into core game content or official DLCs.

Yesterday's ride with over 100 trucks :

mini_771975ets200047.jpg

We never found something able to help us to work on session limit (also we were active when official server got large control), I think it might be written on server codes, perhabs Lean may reply you about that now.

Anyway, TDU1 is a desert, without 24h cycle, weather, online mission, real radio connection, and only 20% of the instrument onboard are working.

100 players ride require turnlight, warning, complete lights, accurate & settable mirrors.... I admit it would be fun to see that on TDU1 or TDU like. and my The Crew could got more than 15 hours of play (beta include) with a such feature!

But I am more confident about ETS/ATS getting cars (at least we'll get bus soon) rather than some ot the TDU-likes getting what we are waiting about these type of game.

ETS2 update 1.19 is out, bringing some nice little features and 2 new cities:

We are happy to announce that after a short but productive beta the Update 1.19 for ETS2 is ready for release. If you are on Steam your game is probably getting updated automatically just as you are reading this. Retail edition users can use the Updaterto grab this update immediately.

city_previews.jpg

Let us recap what's coming with this update:

• Hungary expansion - we have added two new cities to the Going East! content: Pécs and Szeged
  • Mod Manager - for ease of preview and organization of modded content. We encourage all mod makers to check out Mod Manager documentation for instructions on how to make sure that your mods are well prepared for the new Mod Manager.
  • Manual control for automatic transmission (shifting hints, switch between manual/auto)
  • Controls for dashboard navigation map (zoom, turn off)
  • Driver controlled trip info stored in truck computer (distance, consumption)
  • Editor improvements (see Modding Info)
  • Matching truck cabin interior looks shown in exterior view.
  • Improved readability of dashboard info in some trucks (computer display, GPS map)
  • Added wheel sounds on different surfaces (+ re-balanced sounds)
  • Added sounds for sticks and buttons in truck cabin

We would like to express our sincere thanks to all the beta participants for your help in polishing this update. It was also fantastic to see the reception and feedback for the Mod Manager feature. We hope that in a short time all modders will be able to utilize its features so that the players would have an easier time tracking, sorting and organizing their favorite mods.

Source: SCS Software's blog: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.19 is Out Now!

• 2 weeks later...

Gamescom is around the corner, which means we'll see some more of ATS.

Next week, literally a whole busload of SCS Software employees will travel to Cologne, Germany, to visit the largest European games fair gamescom.

We hope to have a lot of fun there enjoying the expo - checking out the latest trends in games industry - but we are also looking forward to showing a bit of our upcoming American Truck Simulator there, kindly presented at the booth of our German publishing partner astragon Entertainment. Come see the game in Hall 8.1, booth A 020!

american_truck_simulator_001.jpg

Scheduling details are still being finalized, but the plans for our gamescom presence include live demos of American Truck Simulator, a press conference during the press-day, an autograph session with the game makers, and even a couple TV interviews.

It is always heart-warming to see how much attention our truck sim games are now getting compared to the humble beginnings we had in this niche genre over a decade ago. Big thanks for this must go out to our ever-growing player community and its impact. We are very proud that we have recently crossed the mark of 2,000,000 activated copies of Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Steam - as independently confirmed bySteamSpy.

american_truck_simulator_003.jpg

One of the highlights of next week for us should also be an American Truck Simulator driving & autograph session with Squirrel. Paul a.k.a Squirrel is the YouTuber and streamer with probably the largest reach when it comes to covering our games. This will be his first encounter with ATS, and we are very curious to hear his opinion. Here is the twitter announcement.

american_truck_simulator_002.jpg

Gamescom will also be an opportunity for us to do the first extensive test of G29, the new steering wheel from Logitech. A couple of the wheels are generously provided to us for use at the expo by Logitech, so the visitors will be able to see if the new model combined with our truck sim can further improve on the rock solid experience of its G27 predecessor.

G29_BOB_Wheel_Pedal.jpg

Source: SCS Software's blog: Gamescom is almost here

• 2 weeks later...

While the ETS2 team is preparing some cool stuff for you for early next week (as the upcoming update 1.20 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 is nearing release, we'll have interesting things to divulge), the American Truck Simulator team still has a lot of work ahead of them to release their project. We are always getting asked to show more of the game, so let's make this blog post just such an opportunity...

american_truck_simulator_3.jpg

american_truck_simulator_4.jpg

american_truck_simulator_1.jpg

Despite showing a public build of the game some two weeks ago at Gamescom called a "beta," American Truck Simulator is still very much in production and undergoing internal testing, no wider beta testing has been started yet. We have to ask our small inner circle of volunteer beta testers to still be patient with us. Fortunately, most things are already in place, and the team is busy with establishing the initial game economy network, polishing environment and vehicle assets, while considerable work is also invested into game optimization.

american_truck_simulator_5.jpg

american_truck_simulator_6.jpg

american_truck_simulator_2.jpg

Stay tuned, and keep on trucking!

Source: SCS Software's blog: American Truck Simulator Screens Friday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What about shooting balls into goals with rocket-powered flying cars?

I do mean to play ETS to again, but I haven't setup my wheel in months and now that I have a backlog of games to play I'm not really motivated to play any of them. Which feels weird, but probably isn't a bad thing.

What about shooting balls into goals with rocket-powered flying cars?

I do mean to play ETS to again, but I haven't setup my wheel in months and now that I have a backlog of games to play I'm not really motivated to play any of them. Which feels weird, but probably isn't a bad thing.

It is not fo sho. Outside world is better. ;-)

ETS2 Update 1.20 Open Beta

1. GPS ROUTE CUSTOMIZATION

From now on you will be able to customize the route set by the Route Advisor, or create your own route at will if no job had been taken. Route configuration is performed on the map screen. You can modify the existing route by

• adding up to 10 custom waypoints;
  • inserting waypoints into existing route;
  • interactively moving waypoints;
  • or adding waypoints at end of a route.

2. GEOGRAPHICALLY CORRECT SUN POSITION

We have received plenty of feedback from our fans in Scandinavia territories that we have the same daylight and night periods in the game as in southern Europe. Well, not any more!

To address the problem, we have written new code that positions the sun at the exact astronomically correct place in the sky as you would expect for the given geographical location at the particular time of day. In fact the definitions driving the whole system allow now to set up any location on the globe if anyone would so desire. The new system produces quite different feel of the day cycle depending on whether you are in the north or closer to the equatorial. The sun is higher on the sky at noon in the south than we had it hard-coded before - with appropriately quicker sunrise and sundown - while in the north the sun is correctly following a lower curve in the sky with prolonged evenings and mornings; lingering low at the horizon. We had to adjust our weather profiles and sky textures to correspond to physical sun location (mod makers beware!).

3. IMAGE SPOTLIGHT

We are introducing a new feature - "Image Spotlight." Hand-picked selection of images from World of Trucks will now be made available to the game as additional loading splash-screens. The first batch is there now, we plan to update and refresh the selection from time to time with newly coming images. You can browse the current selection inside the Image Spotlight screen, accessible from the Photo Studio screen, if you want to drill deeper and see the original image in full detail.

and finally...

Cabin Accessories Coming

This update also paves the way for a new DLC - Cabin Accessories. It's a collection of practical as well as totally impractical things with which you can decorate the interior of your truck cabin. Showing you the video below is better than trying to describe it in words; all the accessories are physics-enabled...