We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ETS2 and ATS discussion

Ryzza5

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I chose Brussels as my starting point but I'm starting to think that was a mistake. 99% of the available deliveries go from the Netherlands to the UK or vice versa and it's always the same few cities. (Never anything to the far north or far south of the UK and always seems to be to/from Rotterdam). The remaining 1% goes from the Netherlands to France or from somewhere in the UK to somewhere else in the UK. Nothing wrong with those countries but I'd really like to see something else now. Do I have to progress further first or .. ?

Installed the demo about a 1 hour ago. I'm liking it. :)

I need to see if I can get my controller to work though, as the keyboard is annoying...and reverse parking using it is a pain.

One thing thats annoyed me though is the National Speed Limit Sign, I've been sticking to it yet the cars in front are going slower than the speed limit. Im guessing it's because the games meaning in Kpm and not Mph(which I'm using), as the type of roads I'm seeing it on, in real life it'd mean do 60mph.

Also is the demo the full game? As when I started it asked for the CD key or play as demo..and for a demo it's pretty big!(not moaning)

I'm not sure how that road sign works in real life but in the game, all speed limit signs are in their correct units (ie they are in mph in the UK). Unless you really concentrate I find them hard to notice sometimes so I tend to look at the rest of the traffic to kind of confirm my suspicions. It only happens rarely that someone travels below it but when it does, I've noticed it seems to be in the urban areas.

I was also surprised at the size of the demo when I got it. I played it for days and almost started thinking I had gotten the full game. :p I don't think there are any limitations to the game content but you can only play it for a few real life days or do x number of deliveries in-game, I'm still not sure what the limiting factor is. Whatever it is, it is more than enough for you to be able to get the feel of the game.