We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ETS2 and ATS discussion

Ryzza5

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a quick blast on the hours trial and it quite like it, I like the radio function. I was listening to an album review of Rush's latest album on one of the stations while ragging the truck from Swansea to Liverpool. If I had more time to sit on the computer in the week I'd probably be able to lose many hours playing it just listening to the music.

Then I had a boo-boo and we rolled 'er into the cabbage coming off a motorway slip road while on the way to Birmingham. Still managed to get a proficiency bonus though, lol.

Yes, back in STS I had the first split where the first set had 1-6, then 7-12, now in ETS2 I'm doing it the other way (first set odd gears, second even) since a lot of the time I can skip gears. From about 7-12 I'll flick the switch to change incrementally on hills, etc.

How are you guys going with controlling your camera view (head movement)? TrackIR becomes essential in a game like this.

Anyway I'm up to Level 10 now.

interesting game, never thought i'd pay to simulate driving a semi. but after maxing out 3 free demo profiles, had to do it. just bought the first truck, the Valiant F16H. beefed it up to the biggest engine, but still maxes out at 90kmh. the split gears are interesting, keep forgetting to bump it down to 1-6

at stop lights.

so for those who have bought a truck, what did you buy?

lol if I get that mod (which I might do later) I'll end up with even more speeding fines :p

I've been playing for a while and have about 120k at Level 10. Sort the list of job by Price per mileage and pick the highest. Or if you really must take a bank loan.

I've recently been getting less well paying jobs so I can drive on other roads instead of through France all the time. Discovering new dealers/agencies, etc. If I had to take a guess I'd imagine hiring people from agencies in Eastern Europe would be cheaper than hiring from UK, etc (based on the fact that jobs to the east are paying me less). Got to hurry up and find a job that takes me to Poland :D

Guest MrLolololXD

Ah right, yeah I got offered to take out a loan, but I don't want to. Guess I'll just keep saving. So far I've put 1 skill point high value items, 1 on just in time deliveries and I've chosen the gases and toxic & infectious substances ADR certificates.

Just figured out how to make texture mods for this.

StokeD 4 REVOLUTION:

(Click to enlarge)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/acid44/th_ets2_00007.png http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/acid44/th_ets2_00008.png http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/acid44/th_ets2_00009.png

EDIT: Added the file, in case anyone's interested. Extract to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod". May vary by OS

I've been itching to play this all week, finally managed to sink a couple of hours into it this evening.

I've only got $35,000 at the moment so I'm not really anywhere near to being able to buy my own truck. I decided to take a job over to mainland Europe and ended up in Amsterdam, did another job to Germany, then promptly ended up back in England again. I'm trying to cover all of the cities in England before I start driving in the rest of the countries, the game doesn't seem to want to give me jobs to places up north like Glasgow. I've still got the very north and very south (except Southampton) to cover yet. Wales and the Midlands seems to be my area randomly.

Saw an AI car make a mistake which I found amusing. It decided to overtake a truck that was in front of me just before a no overtaking sign appeared as we were coming up to a junction. It started indicating to I dropped back to see if the car would pull in, but it stayed out in the other lane. Got a bit closer to the junction and a load of traffic coming the other way made it stop dead in its tracks. Don't know if I somehow didn't give it enough space to pull back in or if it was just blindly refusing to cross over the solid center line, but that was the cars problem :p

yeah, you'll find that the ETS2 AI drivers are somehow related to the TDU AI drivers. both absolute idiots. wait until you get a car come to a dead stop right in front of you, for no reason what so ever. somehow, it just feel so GOOD to ram them off the road every now and then.....

Lots of mods are here, here (server is unavailable at the moment) and here.

SCS just said that they are working on a big update for ETS:

The upcoming extensive game update is going to bring quite a lot changes and improvements, lots of tweaks to the map, to AI, to physics, to lights, translations into new languages, and more. We are currently in beta testing of these changes, but it's a really big batch of code, art, and design touches, and may take some time to polish (perhaps up to two weeks) before we hope to be in shape to release it.