We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon Steering Wheel Tips & Observations

Ryzza5

As you know my initial impressions of FH using the wheel weren't good at all, but I've kept at it and have found out the following that make a number of improvements:

1. Turn on the console by pressing the power button on the console, not by using the Guide button on the wheel.

2. Once your console has booted, make sure Sen is set to 900, then hold the Guide button to connect.

3. Start the game. Once you have control of the car, first press all of the pedals to 100% and then steer to full lock in each direction to calibrate the device. Purely by chance when I had started the game today I just lent on the accelerator pedal the tiniest amount and it was hitting red-line. After I maxed the pedal and then pressed it a tiny bit again it was behaving fine.

4. Don't change the Control set layout or swap buttons as this automatically changes your clutch pedal to the handbrake, even if the screen doesn't reflect this.

5. In advanced Controls, set the Brake (Deceleration) Inside Deadzone to 30. The brakes come on way too early and this is a small improvement (still early but similar to my Golf and allows for some modulation).

6. Don't use Simulation steering, just use Normal.

7. CSR Elite wheel settings are SEN (900), FF (60), SHO (100), DRI (Off), ABS (65), LIN (0), DEA (0), SPr (0), DPR (2), ACL (Off)

8. Wheel continues to die on me in game but I've discovered that in FH the fan isn't coming on when the wheel gets hot (I have it set to come on auto instead of constantly being on and annoying). Have changed it to constant now and will see how we go.

Hope this helps others