We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Getting rid of neutral on cars?

Inchun

So I play on automatic (I'm a noob at driving games, DON'T JUDGE ME!!! >.<), and it seems that the car always goes into neutral whenever I stop the car. This only happens in automatic, while in manual it does not since you can lower the gears to neutral. Now, I wouldn't mind so much, except that the car burns out and loses traction the moment I start to move again. If I lightly tap the acceleration, it'll go into first gear and the car would move normally.

So I'm thinking that by getting rid of neutral (if that's even possible:confused:) in automatic mode, this won't happen. Not sure if it'll affect the reverse function though...

It would probably effect being able to go into reverse like you suspected.

BTW what do you use for acceleration, is it keyboard or game pad button by any chance? as that would explain why you suffer burnouts when trying to move. digital controls ( keys or joystick buttons) are either off or on. so its the equivalent of just stomping fully on the gas pedal, rather than having a nice smooth acceleration like you get with analogue controllers. in fact neutral has nothing to do with it, digital controllers are the problem. If you used the analogue shoulder triggers on an Xbox controller or a set of pedals, even in automatic, you should not have this problem. Just something that lets you press a little bit of acceleration should fix this issue for you, as that will let you smoothly pull away from a stand still.

i have an xbox 360 controler and use the trigers for gas/ stop but even with them set soo low the car still dose a 360 burnout spin once i hit the gas its not fully the controler i modded tire file in bnk and once i opened it grip at even 20% gas from a dead stop = 30ft burnout and any more = the car spinning 360 as soo as you hit the gas X-X tdu 2 file setup sucks lol

this is only bad issue in rear wheel drive cars n some fwd car siting in one stopspinning its wheels going nowhere on a hill that n i olny have hardcore mode set all other make the car way to slow

I use DFGT. I know that if I tap the accelerator slightly, it'll get the car out of neutral without burning out. The point was the fact that every car in the game would go into neutral which is just totally unrealistic and unnecessary. I don't see why it couldn't have been done like the first TDU.

I know I'm just nit picking here. It's not even that big of a deal, just something that annoys me from time to time.

Playing on manual however, just works perfectly fine. I just find it tedious to change gears all the time. :(

Playing on manual however, just works perfectly fine. I just find it tedious to change gears all the time. :(

Really? i love manual gearbox. i have a g25 so i have the 6 speed and clutch. of course the setup is never perfect ( thanks atari ) but it makes a hell of a lot of difference just by using a manual box ( even in sequential) i find you can really do rally style driving a lot better. you should really try and get used to driving all the time in manual, it will totally change your driving style. One of the things i like the most about the manual box is when your cruising along at a steady pace in say 4th, your behind some traffic, you peek around the car to see if anything is coming, then knock it down a gear and punch the gas for a noisy overtake :)

You cant beat that :D

ive not really noticed much of a problem with the deadzone. but then again i already do what Acid 44 suggested, well i have mine set on 390 degrees so oyu get just over half a turn each way. That seems to hold the line quite nice. You can let go of the wheel and know your not gonna go zooming off to the side.

My suggestion if you can get the G25 rather than the G27 go for it. ive tried both and much prefer the g25. The g27 sacrifices the ability to switch between Full h gate and sequencial. but gives you a few extra wheel buttons and the rev counter lights ( which only works in certain games )