We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Wild Weather Thread

Ryzza5

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD

Just saw some live footage of what it's like in some areas of NY on the news, looks pretty bad. They said at least 14 people have died so far. Good luck to everyone facing it and I hope you're all doing well.

Wanted to go out around the neighborhood to see what happened, but our Isuzu suffered major damage. The engine starts, but at some times it sounds like it's going to stall, the exhaust pipe is rattling around a lot and there's a strong smell of fuel. We left it in front of our garage during the storm and it seems like that almost took its life.

Inside our garage is our relative's car but we can't use it until we somehow move the Isuzu. :(

Bit of old news, but our car got fixed. The fuel injector randomly sprayed either high or low bits of fuel into the engine. Cost $400 to fix. :eek:

My dad and I found out a nearby gas station had fuel today, so we went to wait in line. It took 2 hours and a bunch of pushing to find out they only let each person get $20 USD worth of fuel. So now, we only have ~5 gallons of fuel. Or about 19 "litres". :cheeky:

Aha 19 litres. Are things getting back to relative normal Scoob or is it as slow and tedious as what the news has been showing?

It is a bit slow but because it's the city, they are putting us at a higher "priority". It's bad for people that aren't in the city as work there is (I think) a lot slower.

There's been news? Haven't heard anything about Sandy in ages, only american news is the stupid election which is almost over thank goodness. :wdd:

I want it to be over too. :yawn:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Some wild weather in north-eastern Aus (QLD)

Category 2 cyclone hit early morning before dawn today as a Category 4 Hurricane, I believe it has since become Cat 3. Interestingly, despite the very high wind speeds, the actual movement of the storm across the continent is a slow 8km/hour.

Night before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KK0AV7ZMPQ