We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Why there's not any PC game like FM or GT?

mau92

Well, that's the question. Why there's not a PC game like Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo on PC?

The las gaming console I had was the Playstation one, and I enjoyed GT2 very very much. There are so many racing games out there, but none of the has the brands and models that FM or GT has. It's been quite a lot since the last racing game I enjoyed, being this TDU1 (revolutionary, free open world and first class cars) and NFS: MW (the old one...). Grid was good and fun and so DiRT 1.

For now on, I still waiting (and not going to buy a console since I'm a PC fan :P )

Cheers!

For now on, I still waiting (and not going to buy a console since I'm a PC fan :P )

You're not alone there, I'm staying with my PC. But that being said, PC still has good racing simulators. I'll just link some to give you an idea, if you don't know about them.

Project Cars (If you pay for full membership now, you get the full game free)

iRacing (Must pay for membership)

I thought Forza/all sorts of X-Box stuff was soon to be playable on PC?

I've heard that too, that soon Xbox 360 games will be playable on the PC, as in Windows 8. I hope it's true! :yay:

It's good news actually. There's something I don't like about Win 8 (stetics...)

I mainly use rFactor as racing sim, but i'd like to make all the license like things, so you can drive better cars. Going from a Golf GTI to an R33 and then to a Ferrari (having literally, hundreds of cars), that's something no too many PC sims have...

Btw, i'm glad i'm not the only one sticking to the PC jaja

well it takes millions of dollars to develop and release a grand title like fm or gt, it's even harder if you start from scratch.

To be fair PC has the least amount of profit potential amongst the big 3 platforms.

I thought the NFS MW was alright it was much better than the original.

I don't know why people are moaning about it :rolleyes:

well it takes millions of dollars to develop and release a grand title like fm or gt, it's even harder if you start from scratch.

To be fair PC has the least amount of profit potential amongst the big 3 platforms.

Today's games costs are even greater that movies (in some cases). So maybe any developer could take the risk of making a game like FM or GT

If T10 & MSFT were to make a racing game for PC, it would defeat the purpose of them coming out with a new game every year.

The best way to complain is to make things.. ie: If there were no Porsche's in a FM PC game, we as a community would complain and a talented modder would add them in. There would be no reason for us to buy the next years' game since we have all the cars and whatever else we've added to make us happy.

There are more good racing games on PC than any other platform, only GT and FM fall outside that. Project CARS, NFS Shift, Race 07, rFactor, iRacing, NetCar Pro, Live for Speed, GTR2, GT Legends, ACR, ETS2, TDU1 are all either PC exclusive or much better on PC than console thanks to better wheel support and modding.

If you've got money to spare do check out Project CARS though :cheeese: Not a huge line-up of cars just yet but plenty of tracks, the best graphics of any racing game, and very good physics with more improvements on the horizon.

excuse ryzza's pcars ad spam mau, he's employed by sms :P

Well, that's one good point you have there Dashie. Maybe companies should stop thinking in their pockets (something dificult)

well that's not gonna happen indeed, it is after all a company

by definition it needs to generate profit.

@Clerence

piracy is not a big issue unless you give poor service.

it is all to do with that.

Games with poor multiplayer support will always be downloaded illegally.

excuse ryzza's pcars ad spam mau, he's employed by sms :P

well that's not gonna happen indeed, it is after all a company

by definition it needs to generate profit.

@Clerence

piracy is not a big issue unless you give poor service.

it is all to do with that.

Games with poor multiplayer support will always be downloaded illegally.

That's what I meant with "(something difficult)".