We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 3 (TDU3)

darkdomino

• 1 month later...

According to the The 'Save Atari' Project webpage, the 'TEST DRIVE' IP sale happens next Tuesday, 16th July. Anyone willing to stump up at least $1.5 million could walk away with the rights to the series and do what they want with it. TDU3 could still happen but who would it be by and would it matter to you who gets the rights?

Worst case scenarios; EA buys it just to bury the name*. Bought by some company who just want to make iOS/Android games. It becomes a subscription based free-to-play title where you are nickel and dimed even more than today.

*suposedly this happened with Lamborghini: The Game :evil:

To be fair Atari has been bought and sold and taken over so many times I don't know which Atari made what so I couldn't really care who makes the next Test Drive at the moment because The Crew has answered my prayers anyway so I'm not that bothered if EA takes over the series and ruins it because they've been beaten to it by the second coming of "Eden" that wasn't Eden and they made a game and it sucked.

:nods:

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps the 'TEST DRIVE' license is one of the assets Atari SASU (Europe) want from Atari Inc and feel they have a right to. Though that $5m loan from a few months ago said it was "secured" on Test Drive Unlimited so it's really not easy to piece what is happening!

:umm:

• 6 months later...
Very nice but can i ask who is he?

You could better ask who WE are... :)

We have been working on this thing for a couple of years now, and it's looking quite promising.

Anyway it has grown in a sizably project and unfortunately there's still some work to be done, before we can go to the next level, but we are all looking forward to this big "journey". :)

You could better ask who WE are... :)

We have been working on this thing for a couple of years now, and it's looking quite promising.

Anyway it has grown in a sizably project and unfortunately there's still some work to be done, before we can go to the next level, but we are all looking forward to this big "journey". :)

Well I'm sorry then :) It's great to hear about a proper open world driving game finally a true successor to TDU i hope. Good luck then!

• 2 months later...

You'll be waiting a loooong time unless Atari had the foresight to put another dev on the project and has it scheduled for a 2015 release. *not likely*

The Crew will be the closest thing to a new TDU before a new actual TDU comes.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I personally don't see The Crew as a legitimate successor or even a "spiritual" successor of TDU just because some of the guys who worked on the first TDU are working on it.

TDU was about the luxurious lifestyle with real world map based on real world dream locations, so TDU in USA... no thanks. I'm tired of open world games with fictional maps with US scenery type. If there's going to be any TDU3 I hope they consider some islands like Corsica, New Zealand, Australia or even some beautiful places in European countries like Italy, Switzerland, Austria etc. (e.g. look up the Top Gear episode on their youtube channel where they looked for "driving heaven" or best roads in the world.) Add that to a realistic physics engine and handling, no more overdone Sims type avatar customization, a modern carlist and we have a winner.

• Ryzza5 locked this topic