We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 3 (TDU3)

darkdomino

This project or more-so what Ivory has been working on has changed over the years, they started in 2008 iirc and word was they were working on a TDU-type game for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. We know they are working with Ubisoft on a project and this latest mention of the PS4 is not the first next-gen clue we've had as it's all over their own website that they are looking for employees for next-gen projects.

What's interesting is some of the things that have been uncovered, from concept art showing a sort of 'Just Cause' looking paradise with sort of steam-punk characters and wild vehicles to an image that seems to show an actual driving game that may well be being worked on. If I can find on my old backups and near dead HDD the images and info I found over the past few years I'll be sure to post it up.

Thankfully I think it's not going to be long before we hear about their project and I'd laugh if they did it the first week of March as that is when TDU2 was announced.

• 1 month later...
This project or more-so what Ivory has been working on has changed over the years, they started in 2008 iirc and word was they were working on a TDU-type game .

At least they had time enough to develop something great. Maybe they can pull a "Duke Nukem" on this one.

If they took a peak over the Atari wall, they also might have learned something. Like how NOT to do things.

As some talented TDU1 team members are hanging out over there and the Driving Game is more or less "confirmed", i'm really looking forward to what they will release.

Only part that worries me a it is that UbiSoft can also pull the server plug after a way too short period, like all big developers do. One of the rare things Atari did right.

We'll see.;)

If a TDU3 would be made, I may only hope Eden and Atari are far away from it.... and EA.... and Codemasters....

Maybe SMS can do the physics. I actually like the driving in TDFRL, lol :)

It took a few months, but finally we have a member who's got TDFRL :D

Lol :D

It is actually not that bad at all. Small track selection, but very nicely done cars combined with good driving physics and sounds.

If SMS gets involved in an open world racer, it would surely be a drivers game. TDU3 or not.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
I have no idea how accurate this person is

SteffenFriis.dk Test Drive Unlimited 3 on its way!

Test Drive Unlimited 2 offers very much

Playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 was one of the best games i ever played, just the feeling of “building” up your own life, buy cars, win races, buy houses and customize them, and the idea of meeting friends and enemies while enjoying a joy-ride in my new car.

:oook: Accuracy, really ?

:lol:

@Andreaz: We already had that dev who recently started working at Ivory saying that their game may be shown at a big event so E3 is no surprise. What gets me is that the link above or one of them talks about Ubisoft adding a "Racing Game" to their Watch List for E3.

It won't be TDU3 as the TDU franchise is used for something else...

Atari secured a USD 5m 5% debtor-in-possession financing from Alden Global Distressed Opportunities Master Fund, and its only secured debt on record is a EUR 21m secured claim against Atari SA, which Alden later assumed. The credit facility is backed by a security interest in the Test Drive Unlimited franchise, but otherwise all other gaming assets are unencumbered.

At least somebody thinks the franchise is worth something :lol:

And UbiSoft didn't acquire the rights to the TDU franchise (yet?)

I'm really looking forward to the IvoryTower game though, as all key ingredients are there to make something good:cool:

Well the TEST DRIVE IP and TDU franchise are secured for that company but that doesn't mean they couldn't sell it if the right bid was made for it, as what's this company going to do with it if not make another game under the name? Then again maybe they do realise the value of the series and will create another game under it's banner.

Well they needed that long because they were making a new engine and constructing the whole environment, which still to this day hasn't been echoed by any other game except obviously it's successor. TDU2 from what we have seen took anywhere from 18 months to 2 years, they didn't take the whole time from 2006/7 to 2011 to make it as there was internal disagreements about how the sequel should be done via Atari and Eden.

In fact if Atari stuck to their early proposed plans we would probably be on TDU4 by now! :lol:

I found this guy http://steffenfriis.dk/test-drive-unlimited-3-set-to-release-in-2014/ saying he has seen 2 (OFC now deleted) youtubes showing car renderings watermarked “Ubisoft” (ie possibly "Tdu3"), and that it could be the Dunia Engine 2 (far cry 3) being used.

Any chance someone not :sozzled::fp: managed to save them alleged videos (or anything)? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Petition

Making Test Drive Unlimited 3 (TDU3) would keep the best open-world racing franchise alive for everyone to enjoy. This series has been defined by amazing open-world driving, multiplayer, epic soundtracks, and collecting cars/houses. We need to know Atari that people *are* interested in this game and want to see it happen. If you're with me, sign the petition.

This petition has stolen our graphics from our Facebook page.

Facebook. c o m / TestDriveUnlimited3

Therefore the incomplete image due to copyright.We have the PSD files as evidence.

Hey there GCBasti, the chances of Atari making a TDU3 are virtually zero due to the 'asset auction' coming in July of which the TEST DRIVE Intellectual Property (IP) is for sale at a starting price of $1.5m. A TDU3 could still happen but it would be under another publisher and developer. In regards to the image, I would recommend sending the user a message or if you feel very strong about this contact the petition site directly and ask for it to be removed.

• Ryzza5 locked this topic