We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Santtu's A3

superhyper

Nice man, I'd love to stick a sub woofer in the back of mine but I'm too focused on keeping the weight down :lol: luckily civic vti speakers are decent anyway with it being the top of the range model in the UK below the JDM SiR and Type R!

Were they expensive?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was browsing back this thread when I saw this:

...It's also the only one of those in our town and the colour isn't really that common either...

So yeah, I had been driving around for a week or two and then I saw one that was just like mine, a red 8L :fp3: It has started appearing more and more so I'm not alone after all, there's another red 8L in our town D: Been trying to park next to it whenever it's possible and to snap some pics :nods:

So.....you don't like the winglets then? :lol:

If I'm honest, not really. But hey, it's your car! :) And trust me, it's pointless to care about keeping weight down unless you actually do track day events all the time. Subs are awesome, and if you want you can always install them in a way such that they can be removed easily before spirited drives. ;)

:bump:

So, as some of you might already know, there were some nasty bits in my interior, as demonstrated (badly) by this instagram collage by me (because I couldn't find any better images of the broken parts) :lol:

instasa.jpg

As you can see in the top left image, the gear shifter boot had been attacked by the previous owner's dog(s?) and looked like crap. Then Harley pointed me towards RedlineGoods (where he ordered one for his epic Supra) and after thinking for a while (read: saving money), I decided to order one for my car. It took just 4 days to arrive after they sent it and just to make life a bit harder, it seems that the facelifted 8L (or just the S3, I'm not sure) has a different mechanism for the shift boot and it was a real pain in the bottom to install because of that (it didn't fit 1:1).

Here it is before the installation:

DSC_0004+copy.jpg

And here it is after the installation, gotta say that it looks, feels and smells good :nuts:

DSC_0011+copy.JPG

I did already glue the small piece that had come off from the shifter knob back, just didn't take a picture after it. Next I need to attack the other problems from that first picture, the handbrake lever (which has apparently had the same treatment as the shifter boot) and then I need to reset the service indicator, which is telling me to do a complete oil change, even though I already just did one. Seems like there's always something to work on in this car :lol:

Thanks dude, I probably will do a 0-100kph vid when the snow will melt away, the weather is horrible for 2WD cars atm :/

Also another flaw started occuring. My brake lights don't always work when the weather is cold (they start working after the interior heats up properly). I really hope it's just the weather though, it's kinda dangerous to drive without brake lights :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up Tom, will definitely look into it now :nods: Was looking at buying a connector which could be used with my laptop so that I could clear out those Service warnings and other error codes from my car and the Passat but maybe I'll end up getting one of those instead, just that I'll have to pay for it myself then >_<

Guest MrLolololXD
Good thing is that they shouldn't be expensive :)

Now you've said it... They'll probably end up costing $5000 lol

If it's anything like our old VWs then if you simply hit the light cluster the light will usually start working :p

Both the MK3 Golfs used to occasionally have one brake light out and we just used to hit the light cluster and it'd start working straight away. It was a bodge way of doing it, but the connections and bulbs were fine, I think they just liked being woken up with a bang, lol.

It's not the lights themselves because it's not just 1 light, it's all 3 of them simultaniously working or not working. The new light switch shouldn't be more than 15€ but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Should probably browse through some scrapyards or so :hmmm:

• 1 month later...