We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Christmas Help Thread

MephistoRacing

The thread for all sorts of Christmas/holiday help. Whether you can't decide what to give someone, or can't decide what to ask for, post it here.

Me first, though ;D. My girlfriend wants to spend $100 on me for Christmas/birthday combined. I want an AEG (Airsoft electric gun), but can't find one I like in that budget. My requirements for it to be considered decent are:

- Must be AEG, no gas, no CO2, no springers (with the exeption of bolt action snipers)

- Preferably a P90, M4, bolt action sniper, MP7, G36, or something else not so common as an M16. NO AK

- Must have mounting rails for sights/etc.

- If sniper must come with scope

- If small sidearm, must have a stock (shoulder rest)

- Must be over 366 FPS (else I can't import to Canada)

- $100 includes shipping

- Maybe up to $150 (not including shipping) because I'll hopefully have some extra money from birthday/Christmas

Airsoft Evike.com - The Ultimate Airsoft Retail & Distributor <-Good place to start, no other real option for shipping to Canada :(

Also, some guns are listed oddly because of licensing. Eg: MK36 instead of G36, MK7, instead of MP7

So, I feel kinda qualified to help you here. Because A) we both live in Canada, Ontario specifically and B) I have airsoft guns.

When importing, the gun also has to be clear, so if you import one that isn't - it's classified as a replica firearm and will be confiscated at the border as well, so keep that in mind.

The issue with AEG's is that they aren't cheap. They're usually the most expensive type of Airsoft gun available. The cheapest one available from where I buy, is 199 dollars. I might suggest you ask her to look at Canadian Tire, etc. because they usually stock the cheaper kind of AEG's occasionally.

Doesn't actually have to be clear, just has to be between 366 and 500 FPS, and have a 1/4 inch blaze orange tip, it all comes down to how the customs agent decides to interpret the laws.

Where do you buy from? Canadian Tire only has crap Crosman and such, I want a decent AEG this time, and with all the Marui clones and cheaper companies like Jing Gong being around now, it shouldn't be hard to find one, it's just hard finding one I like :(

Also, what guns do you have? ;D

Where do you buy from? Canadian Tire only has crap Crosman and such, I want a decent AEG this time, and with all the Marui clones and cheaper companies like Jing Gong being around now, it shouldn't be hard to find one, it's just hard finding one I like :(

Also, what guns do you have? ;D

buyairsoft.ca - it isn't cheap, but it's quality.

And I own these:

ss802_side.jpg

c-tac_l96_od_pkg_angled.jpg

Bit of an update. I told everyone in my family to just not buy me anything for Christmas and give me the money they would spend instead so I can get a decent AEG. Also may have found a weekend job washing cars (lame, but a few extra bucks). So that should get me some more to spend on Christmas and to get myself an AEG with.

Been looking around, but now at stuff under $300ish. I'm freaking swamped, there's just too much to look at, any suggestions?

Also, now taking ideas of what to get the woman for Christmas, she wants jewelry, but I'm not getting her that. Budget of around $100, any ideas for that? The only interests she has are animals and taking pictures with her phone. No help there.

DE M57A APS2 Type96Bolt Action Sniper[/url]

Also, BuyAirsoft.ca is ridiculously overpriced. I'd rather take a chance with shipping across the border than pay Canadian retail prices.

Lol. They are indeed. Quality and packing is fantastic though I have to say.

It's fun! Great distance and power.

As for the female, you can get some good jewellery for 100 bucks mate. I'd rethink that if I were you.

I just realised that I haven't done my taxes this year. I have an estimated $778 in unpaid returns to collect once I do them >_>. This could add to the Christmas/gettingmyselfsomethingfun budget.

After all the crap I've read in the last few days, pretty restrictive is an understatement. We aren't even technically aloud to import clear guns. Even retailers aren't legally aloud to sell airsoft guns here. The grey area in our laws is ridiculous.