We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Am i the only one...

Mb

... that is absolutely bored with this game already? :eek:

I mean, after a while i just don't feel like playing. And when i do i get bored after 15 minutes. The randomly driving about is fun for a while and then it get's repetative. If only the free-roaming was like TDU... Meeting random people etc was tons of fun. Horizon just doesn't cut it, it's dull.

I wouldn't say I'm totally bored but I'm not itching to jump on it or anything. Also I completely agree about the lack of persistent free roam and true open-world nature of the environment, which let's face it isn't that big either. For a first effort it's good, and to be honest if they release FREE DLC to expand it then I can see the game still jumping off the shelves. If they just do a typical milk their customers for everything though, then it will fall flat on it's face for a number of people.

Single player can be dull and so can the free roam if the host is useless or people don't really stick together, after all there is no "jump to" player option so that can get tedious. Saying that though the Playground Games are fun and can be a brilliant laugh when you get a fine group of people in who play for fun and not only just to win.

MP is geared towards racing/chasing events rather than just cruising, which so far has been fun since the official racing events in TDU1 weren't used much on PC, but for lengevity they need to switch that focus back to cruising.

New roads are planned in the Rally Expansion Pack so hopefully a free patch coincides with that to make those necessary changes.

Guest MrLolololXD

I think Horizon's whole problem is the fact that it's too easy. Money is more common than roads in Horizon...

I had a fully modified Supra and GT86 within an hour of turning on the game for the first time. I had already explored every road, reached number 1 in the popularity rankings, had millions of credits and every car that I could possibly want in the game before I even did the first single player career race!

I think that's the main thing they need to work on in FH2, how easy it is to get things. I lost all motivation to do any races at all because, well, I already had every car I wanted, so I didn't need to do the races to grind for money to buy them. The winnings from the races were peanuts anyway compared to what I already had in the bank.

I do agree with most things here.

I feel the need to remind ourselves why TDU was so good... Lets face it the physics were rubbish, the graphics were not that great, even by the days standards. What made it good was the size of the world and the imagination if the players.

I don't think anyone here (myself included) has really explored the possibilities yet. I came across a couple if guys jumping their cars through the roof of a house the other day... We used to do stuff like that all the time in TDU. Why not in FH. The game is not perfect after all .

The only issue I see really is the size if the map and the comparative restrictions on where you can go.

It won't be long before someone finds a way through those invisible walls though imo.

Guest MrLolololXD

Yeah, the road layout is another major problem, like for example, having only 1 road that leads in and out of both the canyon and dam areas. Those areas pretty much get completely ignored on cruises because of that, as fun to drive as they are.

Guys, I am going to get an Xbox at the first of December again, but I will rethink my decision to buy Horizon. I mean the graphics are awesome, handling etc.. But I watched a couple of videos of it, and have to say, even Forza 4 was more interesting.. 120 cars only? I mean, c'mon.. All the cars I can make to TDU and have fun there.. Forza 4 had about 500 cars, and this was seriously sick. But forza is just.. M'ah, I will buy it, play a few days, and never again I guess... Turn10 should just put all the FM4 cars in a few DLC's, and the game would be insane..

Greetings

Indeed it's a good selection and if the game was only during the day I'm sure a simple copy and paste could have been done, however due to the different lighting and of course the need to create the lights and interior details it's understandable how there's less cars. I do feel they should have had 200 for retail release though and that's not including DLC. The game is certainly worth a buy and it's available in a number of places at reduced prices, just look around. :)

I haven't even touched a quarter of the cars in Horizon... I just want a quality selection

Probably driven even less (proportionately) than that in FM4.

The good thing is the tuning allows you to make your car how you want... to a point anyway (far more than TDU ever did/could).

Seen more than a few R3 fiat 500s around the place.

Don't write off the game because they've gone for quality not quantity.

Remember FH is only one disc. (Which is rare for an xbox game today) Both FM3 and 4 had 2 discs.

To cram what they have on to one 'dvd' is quite an achievement in itself imo.

:)

Well you just have to change the disc during play...

Had to do that with ME3 several times... even though I'd installed it.

As long as the game understands it its ok... with H a l o 4 its says to insert the second disc, but as soon as you open the tray it resets to the dashboard (idiots :rolleyes: )