We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUZoqqer

The thing is theres not a proper video of a clean Mclaren P1 on/off throttle

(Suggestion)

Although the Mp4-12c sounds very similar to the P1 (and theres a lot of videos for it)... meaning that with just some distorcion tricks with a Mp4-12c sound you can actually make a P1 sound.

Yeah, but still - I don't have any MP4 sound :D

ddfdriver: Ray sensitive Road texture by Kishin | turboduck forum

Hi guys, little update from me:

Tried to make the McLaren GTR have front and back rims displayed (in normal game it got only front rims on all four wheels) as the P1's rear rims look different than the front ones. It came out, it isn't actually that easy. I was able to edit the resource in the database to actually make the game know to display front rims and rear rims seperately. It worked, but not really well. It is displaying Default car rims. After finding out, the rim *.bnk's of front and rear have to be in the same folder (like Euro/Bnk/Rims/McLaren). Put the new file inside, and edited the database to bring the file ingame -> I tried to ADD files to the game. And voila - it didn't work. Still displaying Default car rims. Although my idea with just replacing the default car files came out as a stupid idea. It worked, the front and rear rims were seperately, but now I could not see any color on the car -> I could not paint it anymore, eventhough I had colors in the database. So, it seems like the file names are somewhere else in the game than in the Database. And I can't get deeper into the game than this.

But don't worry, I figured out how to make front and rear wheels be shown seperately in the released version. It still replaces files, but just unused ones. It will replace two Mazda MX5 rims, which are in alredy crypted in Test Drive.

I am working on this, as when I manage to make new file names show ingame, it will be able to ADD new cars to the game, instead of replacing it.

Honestly. I don't think it will work, but I will keep my eyes open.

All in all, I can smell the finish line for the P1. I think of relesing it wednesday, but probably a day or two later. I will keep you informed!

Greetings

Thinking of writing Atari an email about Test Drive 1 (if anyone will recive it at all), and ask about the game, about possibilities for us, editing car colors, adding cars, modifying the ingame map and so on.. Telling them that our community takes the game alive and we want to keep it like this..

What do you think? Maybe it will work, maybe not. But I am a bit disapointed about me not getting in the game any deeper. Eventhough I think nobody except DJey's team ever digged so far in the game like this before.

So let me know what you think about that

Great idea!!! I love the TDU 1 and with your mods I love more and more this game so i would like to have more cars or races or many options to do with the cars. I give you my positive vote. Thanks for all man. And again, Great idea and I hope Atari acept if you finally decide to send an email.

There is one thing I learned today - I literally suck at sound modding. :cheeky: Even with samples given from Asetto Corsa and very nice explanation and help from DjoyTinnio (Thanks for that first). I will upload a video tomorrow, but I don't think the sound will be released.

So much stuff to do the next days! I will finish the sound tomorrow, release the P1 Thursday (moving the release date for one day, just because I still got a lot to finish on it), and try to contact Atari tomorrow.

I am always writing such long postings, so if you are lazy to read it, it's okay it's not that important anyway in most cases :D