We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUZoqqer

I will send you my Z3D file so you can have a look. I started the tutorial but the video recorder is making huge files and encording them like for a half hour. Preparing the model into TDU takes hours and I can't upload a vide file of the size of 999 billion gigabytes :mhmm: I will make a screenshot tutorial afterwards I think.

well I do it like that:

I actually got a base already, where I just have to adjust materials and attach some parts, but as you don't I would do it like that:

import the obj in zm and edit it untill you think you have merged enough parts together to work with. save it as z3d. new scene, import a tdu model as 3dg in zm. merge the forza z3d you prepared into it. what happens there is a bit too complicated to explain it in a single post. I will make a vid about this soon

well I do it like that:

I actually got a base already, where I just have to adjust materials and attach some parts, but as you don't I would do it like that:

import the obj in zm and edit it untill you think you have merged enough parts together to work with. save it as z3d. new scene, import a tdu model as 3dg in zm. merge the forza z3d you prepared into it. what happens there is a bit too complicated to explain it in a single post. I will make a vid about this soon

Do that^, start replacing TDU stuff with Forza stuff. Try and do something with the materials, fail. Cry. Look for answers online, fail again. Try some more. Cry again. Give up, thank the lords that there are people out there who understand this stuff.

Though with these video tutorials coming, who knows. I'm almost feeling like trying it again myself. :nods:

Almost

...It is 2:16 a.m in Germany, and I tried to record the *word*ing video tutorial with the super programm Krut (seriously the dumbest programm I have EVER used!), I wanted to record the step to show how I prepare my models for the game. After the first time didn't work out as I wanted (cause this *word*ing programm CRASHED after recording 20 *word*ing minutes.), I decied to try it one more time now. Try number two - it didn't save the settings I presetted. It recorded an area of 320*240 pixels on the upper left of my screen.. I mean, c'mon!!!! I thought okay fine, lets try it one more time (I absolutely was not in the *word*ing mood to do it once again, but I want to help you!). I tried. Checked the settings. Started to record. After 20 minutes I was done and stopped the recording. It was at about 1:30 am. and you know what? It started to save my file, made like the half in 5 minutes, and now it is standing still. It standts it encoding the video, but there ABSOLUTELY *word*ING NOTHING coming. for 40 minutes!!!

You know what, *word* it, I'm done with this video tutorial stuff. Sorry, but it won't work.

You can send me PM's if you got any questions about modding, but I won't bring out any videos. Unfortunately. I was actually really looking forward to do that.

I am so pissed off you can't belive it!!! I won't do that for the FOURTH time. Seriously, that is such BS!!

I am going to sleep now.

And Jorge - How's the sound going?

Oh dont worry its going...as you know tdu1 is still the hardest game to mod sound because we really need to get that deep note in each sample + volume and to make things worst its a ...Bmw sound of one the most epic cars ever

But i will get there sooner or later

Btw whenever you can send me a "beta version" of the car please do it ...so i can see the bimmer in game and have a better perception of the sound

Cheers!!!

EDIT : the car doesnt need to have interior...just exterior shape and if you have any physics include them also otherwsie i will use the ones from the e36 m3

Zoqqer, fantastic job with the Aventador but I still have the same problem installing mods with the installer. It always says that I'm missing the Mega Car Pack but I have it, also I'm not sure why but I think the directory path in the installer may be the problem of that cause when I have this one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited it doesn't work, though If I have C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\ (With the '\' on the end) it can install the mod but I just don't know how to set it that way because you can't write the path yourself... Is there anyway you could look into it? :3 Thank you :)

You can try starting TDUMT and setting TDU directory there, if you can then open vehicle menager without problems, any installer will also have correct directory.

If it still doesnt work, then either you installed you megapack wrong or maybe missing patch 1.68b, dunno.

Or maybe you have illegaly installed megapack so installer wont recognise it.

You can try starting TDUMT and setting TDU directory there, if you can then open vehicle menager without problems, any installer will also have correct directory.

If it still doesnt work, then either you installed you megapack wrong or maybe missing patch 1.68b, dunno.

Or maybe you have illegaly installed megapack so installer wont recognise it.

I downloaded TDUMT, fixed the registry, now it's working! Thanks a bunch Dux! :)

The M3 is strange, it is causing bugs I never had before. Like the car is by a ride height @ 150mm and it still looks stanced (look at the first import screens), the plate is reflecting in negative to the sun (like when the sun shines on it, it is black. flipped all the normals, calculated, normalized, no idea what's wrong), the headlights and badges dissappear by correct material settings and the worst of all - I can see the border between left and right side (like you've seen in the tutorial) on the paint. It's like it don't want to be finished :mhmm:

And yeah, tutorial #2 is online tomorrow or the day after tomorrow