We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUZoqqer

The point is to have the "download" button on the website working properlly. You might think that's not the best thing for you, that you want people to go to your patreon. We get that. Although, this website, you like it or not, still a place-to-go when people look for TDU mods. 

Having the website working as intended, with download buttons working as it should, increases traffic. By increasing traffic, more people will see and have access to your mod, and the more people experience it in-game, more people will look for your name and patreon. They will see the exclusive patreon versions there. 

Having a download button, to download a .txt is counter intuitive, and keeps redirecting people which is annoying. How you'd feel to think you got a TDU mod, but in fact you got a piece of paper, telling you where to go?

As Eudemon said, the website doesn't have to host your file, but you can put a file to download via URL link, which basically turns the Download button into an hyperlink.  That's all the fuss about it. And that's all we're asking you.   😊

On 7/8/2020 at 8:41 PM, Milli said:

The point is to have the "download" button on the website working properlly. You might think that's not the best thing for you, that you want people to go to your patreon. We get that. Although, this website, you like it or not, still a place-to-go when people look for TDU mods. 

Having the website working as intended, with download buttons working as it should, increases traffic. By increasing traffic, more people will see and have access to your mod, and the more people experience it in-game, more people will look for your name and patreon. They will see the exclusive patreon versions there. 

Having a download button, to download a .txt is counter intuitive, and keeps redirecting people which is annoying. How you'd feel to think you got a TDU mod, but in fact you got a piece of paper, telling you where to go?

As Eudemon said, the website doesn't have to host your file, but you can put a file to download via URL link, which basically turns the Download button into an hyperlink.  That's all the fuss about it. And that's all we're asking you.   😊

the whole point why i added the text file is that i didnt get to choose to post an individual link. wasnt aware. would still be awesome if you return the regular mod threads.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:42 PM, anomonopea said:

Can requests be made for special modification to current cars by chance?

no, not only am i not a fan of requests, i dont even have the majority of my mods online anymore

9 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

the whole point why i added the text file is that i didnt get to choose to post an individual link. wasnt aware. would still be awesome if you return the regular mod threads.

https://turboduck.net/guide/turboduck-guide-r1/#how-to-use-download-section

have a read at this again

if you submit a link, then modify the generated topic it is same as

you create a thread with the said link

plus you get added bonus of more exposure, auto linking your thread and download, letting other subscribe to your version update, and view who downloaded it etc...