We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Camels Mini

Camel

I think I ran out of petrol. >.< I knew I should of got some on Sunday as it was in the red using months old petrol.

At least I hope I've run out of petrol. Engine turns over fine and it did start a little bit but then stalled again. All I wanted to do was move it to the side a bit so I could clean it, take a few pics and check some other stuff. Don't want to keep trying till I get more petrol as it'll drag all the crap from the bottom of the tank.

pI0oX.jpg

Gotta wait till Thursday to get some petrol now. :(

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Mellors remember, he needs instructions just to be able to get up stairs.

Point there. :lol:

Find a car with petrol, then open the filler cap(ProTip: a brick may be required for 'excessive entry' if it's a premium car), then remove the Fuel cap(ProTip: Again additional tools may be needed here, a coat hanger or a hair clip often do the job). Once open drop the pipe down, get a mint or 5 ready and have the empty bottle at hand. Put the other end of the pipe in your mouth and give a quick suck. Once the fuel is moving up the pipe quickly take the end your mouth and point it in the bottle. Quickly have the mints. When done remove the pipe and walk off. :nods:

The other bottle of cake was only bought as it was on offer for getting two.

Of course if it's a newer car it'll have a 'anit theft' device in the way of the tank...

Not that I know any of this from experience... :leaves:

Or just get the petrol can from my dads on Thursday and drive his car to the petrol station? :hmmm:

That could work...but not much fun :cheeky:

*fills car with rice*

The floor lining and carpets were frozen solid. Need to find the leak(s). Also need to find where the floor drain plug things are and take them out for a while to let water drain out. Just got as much of the water as possible out of the car, gonna let the rice do the rest.

I think I know where it's coming from, there's some rust just behind the dash in the scuttle panel and I'm hoping it's not gone all the way through as the paintwork is fine on the outside, no bubbling. Should be able to sand it away and bodge it up with some filler.

Had a decent look underneath and all the floors look sound, no rust. But the rear subframe is a bit rusty, again hoping it's just surface rust and I can sort it myself. It did pass the MOT in May with slight corrosion, although they said it was the floors which I'm not sure if they were redone.

Still doesn't work. :(

Spent half an hour defrosting all the locks so I could get in. It sounds better each time I try though. But it is -1 and the oil is quite low.

Got some screen wash and 20/50 classic car oil. Just need to get some wood to make some ramps and get the car going to chance the oil.

It's alive!

:bparty:

1st time I got a few revs then nothing, 2nd time it started, sounded rough and then died out but 3rd time it started, sounded a little bit rough then settled down and idled for a minute or 2 with a few blips in the revs. But it sounds better today than it did the last time I drove it.

Just need to pick up my parcel from the post office for my new brake lights and seat extender brackets. Then go to the timber yard and get some wood to make ramps with so I can change the oil. Got some Halfords 20w50 classic car oil for it yesterday, I've only read good things about it on the Mini forums.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.