We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Configurator showroom

Fear Deer

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The 718 configurator is up and running guyz!

Here's mine.... Cayman S, I started off not ticking all the option boxes as let's face it most of them are not necessary the car is great as it is, but then I started to see just how much I could spend on options, I could have bought a very decent hot hatch instead of optioning this thing up :lol: £30k+ on options, made it into an 80k car.

BUbvPfA.png

khNaQqZ.png

PBW3AUH.png

As this thread proves, I almost always go for a boring grey colour on the exterior and even though the configurator gave me that option (always loved the Agata grey porsche offers), I think that blue-ish grey works well on the 718, it looks better in person/in real life photos, it looks quite 'flat' there.

Whenever I configure a porsche I always go for that colour two-tone for the leather, I think it works incredibly well. All beige is a bit in your face and just looks like a nightmare to keep nice but only half beige makes it look so special. I did tick all the 'extra' leather interior options but if it ever came to me speccing a porsche for real I'm not sure i'd bother, it doesn't need it, it looks great as it is.

They're the best wheels by far for the 718 too imo, there are more flashy wheel choices but they work so well.

Bear with me on this one, i've tried to do something a bit unconventional and for the most part I think it looks stunning, but the interior combo would need to be finalised by someone that isn't colourblind as I can tell it hasn't worked as I intended it to.... I think the interior should have probably been a bit more boring as the exterior colour choice is quite 'loud' for a ferrari.OZBph4t.pngNNMJqNb.pngviSPucC.pngpQd9BxC.png1TNOSuP.png

As this thread proves, I almost always go for a boring grey colour on the exterior and even though the configurator gave me that option (always loved the Agata grey porsche offers), I think that blue-ish grey works well on the 718, it looks better in person/in real life photos, it looks quite 'flat' there.

Whenever I configure a porsche I always go for that colour two-tone for the leather, I think it works incredibly well. All beige is a bit in your face and just looks like a nightmare to keep nice but only half beige makes it look so special. I did tick all the 'extra' leather interior options but if it ever came to me speccing a porsche for real I'm not sure i'd bother, it doesn't need it, it looks great as it is.

They're the best wheels by far for the 718 too imo, there are more flashy wheel choices but they work so well.

I do not mind grey, but it must be a good shade of grey - not too dark. Saw a Donington Grey X5 M today, which is something in between silver and their Space Grey color. The perfect blend IMHO. Flat greys that are so hot right now ain't bad either, but do not suit every car (not really digging Audis in that color). It looks pretty nice on the 991.2, though...

The worst thing ever is probably a de-chromed dark grey car with black / gunmetal wheels. Those kind of people tend to not wash their vehicles so that makes them look even worse. There must be some contrasting elements like calipers, window trim, light-colored wheels, or something. I wish my dark blue 1er had chrome window trim which would go nicely with the all-chrome kidney grille and silver wheels.

All beige interior is yuck, and totally impractical. You'll never be able to clean the carpets. :burp:

Bear with me on this one, i've tried to do something a bit unconventional and for the most part I think it looks stunning, but the interior combo would need to be finalised by someone that isn't colourblind as I can tell it hasn't worked as I intended it to.... I think the interior should have probably been a bit more boring as the exterior colour choice is quite 'loud' for a ferrari.

Never been a fan of grey/beige combo. Reminds me of German pensioners with older XJ's and W220's.

Every non-red modern Ferrari is a nice Ferrari, but I don't knoooooow about that color.

Anyways, I built a 718 S with the least amount of options I would get. Still €9,317 in options.

fB5L7v3.jpg

Boxster S wheels

PDLS

PASM Sport suspension (-20mm)

PTV w/ LSD

F&R parking sensors

Carpets

Navi

Folding mirrors, rain sensor, cruise control, lighting package

And here is my "ideal" one. Carmine Red. Surprised (and happy) to see that they now have cloth Sport plus seats in conjuction with full leather.

DhZySlt.jpg

6iBStQT.jpg

I think the cheaper one needs the chrome window surround or else it just looks a bit.... cheap? which is weird/crazy, I'm just not sure it works for me, but then again I'm not a fan of the bright red on cars which is why I chose green for my ferrari in the first place :lol:

That Carmine red is muchhhhhhh nicer. You'd go for the GT wheel? :hmmm: It's far from a track toy/weekend car, very much daily driver-able so the multi-function thing was kind of a necessity for me

I think the cheaper one needs the chrome window surround or else it just looks a bit.... cheap? which is weird/crazy, I'm just not sure it works for me, but then again I'm not a fan of the bright red on cars which is why I chose green for my ferrari in the first place :lol:

That Carmine red is muchhhhhhh nicer. You'd go for the GT wheel? :hmmm: It's far from a track toy/weekend car, very much daily driver-able so the multi-function thing was kind of a necessity for me

Chrome window trim costs money... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guards red was the only option since I do not like black, white is overdone sadly, and yellow is too much for me.

Yeah, I'd go for the smaller steering wheel. It is a noticeable improvement over the bigger one according to many.

Can't decided between the two interiors on this turbo - two-tone black/ luxor beige vs. espreso/cognac

OiovJuw.jpg

hYOSS7H.jpg

q7xHpVg.jpg

Bear with me on this one, i've tried to do something a bit unconventional and for the most part I think it looks stunning, but the interior combo would need to be finalised by someone that isn't colourblind as I can tell it hasn't worked as I intended it to.... I think the interior should have probably been a bit more boring as the exterior colour choice is quite 'loud' for a ferrari.

I love that shade of green. I'd prefer the dark blue interior still. But that shade of green...omg... it's epic, there's also a nice shade of dark blue. I usually make coupes dark green and spiders dark blue.

My main issue with the silver/chrome fittings on that Porsche is that it looks salesman/business car spec, like something you'd have no say in being given as all the safe options must be ticked so its resale value is the safest haha, but obviously it's a porsche not a BMW 3 series....

I kinda like it though, it's quite discreet.