We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Configurator showroom

Fear Deer

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do see the resemblance but at the same time I do like the design of the Porsche. I think the Guards Red colour makes it look cheap tbh, I doubt that will be a very popular opinion but I just don't like Guards Red. The only car I think it looks okay-ish on is a GT3, even the Turbo/S looks a bit poo in it.

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno, I kind of like those chrome add ons. What I adore most of all though are those rims, I think they are my new favorites on any car ever. They are the perfect size too at 19", I think 20" looks too big, at least in the configurator. I had a sad though as I would really like the little chrome inserts in the grille and front bumper that come with the Inscription package, but those rims aren't available in that trim. Inscription apparently comes with 20" as standard.

Audi R8 V10 Plus.

hIDShIJ.png

wxYxxNE.png

c44HY58.png

I'm torn. I absolutely hate the rear wing. The non-plus V10 doesn't have it. It seems to be mandatory on the Plus :( If I cried and begged and said I wouldn't bother spending the almost £200k (how I specced it) on it, would they let me have one without it? I doubt it.

Would you be able to remove it yourself after? :hmmm: I wouldn't buy the non-Plus V10, but I just couldn't have that rear wing. People buy the R8 as they don't want the attention a Huracan and that kinda car can bring.

Yourself? Hahahaha. Mate, you can't even change a god damned light bulb these days!

I bet it is possible to have it replaced with the active spoiler, and I agree that it looks better without the fixed wing. Dunno why would you not buy the standard R8, btw. Although, knowing you it is most likely because it is not the top dawg, amirite? :p

Yourself? Hahahaha. Mate, you can't even change a god damned light bulb these days!

I bet it is possible to have it replaced with the active spoiler, and I agree that it looks better without the fixed wing. Dunno why would you not buy the standard R8, btw. Although, knowing you it is most likely because it is not the top dawg, amirite? :p

I thought you saying hahahaha was because it was me saying the word yourself hahaha. True though, but when I said yourself I did mean pay someone professional who knows what to do, maybe an ex audi employee, to do it for me, I'm not hands on at alllll with cars haha :lol:

As for why I wouldn't have the standard, yeah I guess it is that, it's probably going to be much easier to sell the top spec one too at a later date.

The wing is attached to a wide thin separate panel. You can remove the fixed wing from that panel but you'll have the attachment points exposed.

If you want to install the electronically controlled rear wing, you'd be looking at a retrofit job with I assume at least 1 extra control module, extra wiring, the whole assembly itself, installing an extra button for the override function (next to parkingsensors button) and all the coding to get it to be recognized and operated at certain speeds/braking movements.

Perhaps another option to replace it with the e-tron's rear spoiler edge and rear panel of the engine cover thing? See here

• 2 weeks later...

How much nicer would this and the Megane look without the Oasis-esque side burns on those headlights though? Citroen are looking french, chic and stylish without doing too much excessive crap but Renault seem to be crossing the line here:

article-0-142E6475000005DC-219_224x342.jpg

I do like your configuration though, do they offer more sporty/expensive looking rims? It might just be the configurator but those wheels look very family MPV/I have no will to live anymore haha

I do like your configuration though, do they offer more sporty/expensive looking rims? It might just be the configurator but those wheels look very family MPV/I have no will to live anymore haha

Not really to be honest, all of them look pretty meh :( Too bad for a really nice car in other aspects. I really like those sideburns but I do see where you are coming from. They offer 19" rims which look ncie but in real life I'm not sure I'd want rims that big. Massively expensive and I wonder what they do to the ride. In fact I might even go down to 17".

https://www.cdn.renault.com/content/dam/Renault/master/vehicules/talisman-estate-kfd-ph1/D%C3%A9couverte/renault-talisman-estate-kfd-ph1-overview-006.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg

Also the configurator doesn't seem to display rim size accurately, mine are supposed to be 18" but look just the same as the default 16".