We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Configurator showroom

Fear Deer

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for the light interior as it's a GT car, the type I'd drive to the riviera and back, and I think the beige makes it a more pleasant place to be for long periods of time. I do like the cobalt blue colour but not on an Aston, unless it was a more radical Aston like the GT8 or Vantage V12 S, something less classy.

Agreed on the DBS, but I think the slight dip in exterior wow-ness is made up for with the huge leap forward in interior tech. That said, a manual DBS in Quantum Silver and the automatic DB11 as specced above would make an amazing combination.

You know I really like the dark blue & beige leather combination. Can't really go wrong with that one on any car imho. Ferrari, Aston, Rolls, 911, last but not least 135i... :cheeese:

Actually, looking at pics now, Mariana Blue looks very similar to BMW's Deep Sea Blue so I take it back and confirm that your choice was spot on.

Vantage definitely must be Volcano Red.

aston-martin-vantage-2014-wallpaper-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I can't really decide like that on the interwebz without driving the cars. Nicely specced CS2 manual vs. GT, dunno. Probably would come down to the fact one has three pedals. The GT might feel more special and fun due to the engine, even at lower speeds.

And it's going to be a lot less more common on the streets compared to a 911. It's a bit more crazy/masculine looking too. But I'd still have the CS2 :shrug: I guess the issue comes down to how you spec that CS2, you can make the porsche look stunning or quite basic, but it costs you a lot.

I'd probably get the CS2 and wait a few months and save up for some more options :hmmm: Mainly aesthetic.

And for the 100th time, here is a 911 from me.

Think I did pretty well. Managed to stay at 130k Euros. Even has silver seat belts and leather steering column. :cheeese: They now have sport-tex leather/cloth seats, and a power kit for mere eight grand - from 420 to 450 PS. And since history repeats itself, this is the GTS in a nutshell.

The non-S GT, with all the right options, costs just about the same. #decisions

ouHqXEL.jpg

lRoppJj.jpg

I managed to stick to the €130k mark also, even though I have some rather pricey options on this thing:

VwNPgyv.png

lEv5Fri.png

v1qPnHS.png

Here is an almost identically priced non-s GT:

jCuz9ia.png

LmaWJCd.png

KOfAzGG.png

I still think i'd have the 911, but I'd always wonder what life would have been like with the GT :p

--- Post Updated ---

Scratch that. Just specced up this Targa 4S for the exact same price. A few less options but it's a lot more car for the money so it's a no brainer, I wouldn't regret not choosing the GT in this either:

vuSIcXv.png

BIV2XKO.png

aGLGDcJ.png

Went for a more flashy interior as the Targa will put it on show a bit more.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Seems the new E-Coupe C238 is online. It really is an E, including the same key fob finish options and the same sets of wheels. Only one is not available on the limousine/estate and it's a non-AMG set... ah well.

Haha when I select Multibeam lights it shows halogens instead.

The yellow pccb calipers are bugging me.

22n1iVG.png

M46lVxv.png

I checked the Porsche UK configurator thing just yesterday to see if the new GTS was on it :p damn, you beat me to it :hmmm:

5xISl35.png

FPz0Zrg.png

rJouiWd.png

With the new darkened B pillar roll bar thing this really looks amazing, it has to be one of the best daily driver type vehicles available to buy if not the best. I want it so so so much in the spec i've just shown.