We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Not gonna be the weird guy anymore.

MephistoRacing

If you think you'll take a lot of pictures take a look at the Lumia 920, it has a better camera than all Android flagships and the iPhone 5. Also you can use it with gloves, do wireless charging, and a bunch of other cool stuff. It has Windows Phone so you won't have quite as many apps but the app market is rapidly getting better, and all the apps you'll be likely to need are already on WinPhone.

Not gonna be taking any photos, not gonna be doing much texting, etc. This will pretty much only be used for emergencies, music, and Angry Birds. At most I may take a picture of a nice car if I happen to see one, but I own a camera, so I don't care about the phone having a decent camera.

This thread is such an eye-opener to just how much you people use/rely on your mobile phones :P

Android ftw xD

Have a Xperia Arc S. Had the stock ICS 4.0.4 rom, rooted, had some task killers, usually had around 180Mb of RAM free, but the OS felt sluggish overal. Thought about going CM10 (Unofficial JB), but need to unlock my bootloader, and can't do that on my phone since it's attached to a carrier.

So i got a JB based Rom, which uses ICS's kernel, no bootloader unlocking necessary. Have total AOSP (android open source project) look, of Jelly bean. Runs great, happy :)

You might not be able to avoid this, but I wouldn't recommend getting a phone designed to run Android 2, and then updating to version 4.0 since it's a little slower. Of course, if you updated straight away you'd have no baseline to compare to so you'd be fine, but check the CPU and RAM specs.

It's not really that slow, until you use the new S3 you probably wouldn't notice.

Posted from my phone using Swype.