We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

is the fix for map crashes released? because i want to buy a new car and my game crashes like hell :D good patch btw. hope trading will be available s**n :D

edit: if its serversided, then it should be able to change. only question is how :D

Add the launch option -bigbnks in addition of the -hd mod (you are probably using that). If it still crash simply disable the hd mod. This issue should be fixed in the next update.

I have DSL16000 and my ping to German servers is between 9ms and 15ms, port 8889 is definitely open.

When I join a certain friend I have quite often a bad connection to him, while everyone else in this session has red nicknames, which means that they have a really good connection. Whem I'm alone with him, or with only 1-2 others, he has by accident a good connection in my game and his nickname is red, too. He does not have this problems with others, that all players but one have lags. He has a good internet connection and port 8889 is open as well!

So why are there those problems? Is there still some development to improve the server performance or is the main work done concerning server performance?

I have DSL16000 and my ping to German servers is between 9ms and 15ms, port 8889 is definitely open.

When I join a certain friend I have quite often a bad connection to him, while everyone else in this session has red nicknames, which means that they have a really good connection. Whem I'm alone with him, or with only 1-2 others, he has by accident a good connection in my game and his nickname is red, too. He does not have this problems with others, that all players but one have lags. He has a good internet connection and port 8889 is open as well!

So why are there those problems? Is there still some development to improve the server performance or is the main work done concerning server performance?

Your problem has nothing to do with the server it comes from your NAT type. It seems you are using a Restricted Cone NAT which make the freeride laggy except for session host.

We can't help you about that, you'll have to google how to change your nat type on your router. :)

@Speeder

As I sad, it's only with him and just very few others. Looked after my NAT type in TDU2 and there it is Open: FullCone. I think, this is the best one so far.

I also have this txt where it's said:

"Game started at: 19:18:21 - 15/11/2014

upnpDiscover() found UPnP devices on network

valid gateway device found

port 8889 successfully opened, no manual action needed

Game exited at: 19:52:21 - 15/11/2014

port 8889 successfully closed"

So, everything should be fine imo. Usually I don't have any problems with anyone, 8 player sessions run as smooth as it could be in TDU.

Or does he may have some issues and it is not my fault, because he doesn't see me lagging?

Have a look in the ReadMe.txt file that you downloaded. You need to add the -fuel parameter to the shortcut target.

Thanks, but i still dont understand.

Where do i must add fuel parameter and shourtcut target. In game or in some game file. sorry but im new in TDU1.

I have played TDU2 and i must say TDU is better... but i cant find where to buy this game so i use crack for now.

Just dropping by to give my respects to those responsible for making possible what i thought would be the impossible. You guys need to put that on your resumes. To call it a major achievement would be an understatement. I never thought i'd live to see this day , quite honestly. Congratulations.

Noticed its alive and kicking once again on youtube last night. Great memories coming back after almost 3 years. It hasnt sink in yet, but i hope it will soon once i get going with the installation. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

JCL77

@Speeder

As I sad, it's only with him and just very few others. Looked after my NAT type in TDU2 and there it is Open: FullCone. I think, this is the best one so far.

I also have this txt where it's said:

"Game started at: 19:18:21 - 15/11/2014

upnpDiscover() found UPnP devices on network

valid gateway device found

port 8889 successfully opened, no manual action needed

Game exited at: 19:52:21 - 15/11/2014

port 8889 successfully closed"

So, everything should be fine imo. Usually I don't have any problems with anyone, 8 player sessions run as smooth as it could be in TDU.

Or does he may have some issues and it is not my fault, because he doesn't see me lagging?

It's either your friend, either a routing issue.