We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Guest .:TestDriver:.

Yeah absolutely. Even tested with UPnP and without it. It was O.K last week,though. However me and my friend didn't play together last week.

Would you give me your main TDU server IP so I can get a Ping test in CMD?

Server works fine. Today was the first time I tried it and I got a stable connection to a maximum of 8 players. It felt good to be back online.

Many thanks to Comb@t_$hotgun for telling me that I can use my old profile to access HC mode. I found a save game backed up from 2012 before I changed my profile to offline and it worked perfectly. Lots of cars and half a million in the bank. Logging on was error free. I just started the game and re-initialized my gamespy details.

I like that we can do the singleplayer missions in HC mode. I attempted the millionaire's around the island race but the game locked up after 40 minutes dodging the cops. But that's wasn't anything to do with the server. Great fun. Going to play some more tomorrow.

I've tested the fuel tank capacity. It's about 210km (130 miles) long.

I had to drive around the insland, to unlock all the roads, took that as an opportunity to test. So, i drove all the time under 3000rpm, which in 6th gear gave me the avarage speed of 120km/h (74mph)... I did not went over that speed, maybe by one or two miles for a few seconds, and the full tank allowed me to drive exactly 208,3 km (129,4 miles).

With a Saturn Sky, i think that's too little. :lol: No wonder that when you floor it you can only drive for about 80km. I think make it the double would be enough, like, the drain speed 50% of what it is now.

it should be like at least 2.5x less the consumption. and over 3x for some cars. (example: a6 4.2) it nearly drained the tank from the start to the end of the south autobahn (or highway :D ) going like average 170 kph. yes, it drinks the fuel, but it has a very large tank too. :D it should drain that amount in 3 passes.

I've tested the fuel tank capacity. It's about 210km (130 miles) long.

I had to drive around the insland, to unlock all the roads, took that as an opportunity to test. So, i drove all the time under 3000rpm, which in 6th gear gave me the avarage speed of 120km/h (74mph)... I did not went over that speed, maybe by one or two miles for a few seconds, and the full tank allowed me to drive exactly 208,3 km (129,4 miles).

With a Saturn Sky, i think that's too little. :lol: No wonder that when you floor it you can only drive for about 80km. I think make it the double would be enough, like, the drain speed 50% of what it is now.

But I think you forgot, that not everybody is driving around with a wheel. I'm a convinced keyboard player, and as long as noboby invents analog keys there is only binary gas pedal, zero or full throttle. And when I drive around with full throttle (you have to when you dont just want to stay around) a full tank is just enough for about 80 km in average. Most I ever reached was 105 km, less ever was 65 km when I was automatically teleported to the nearest gas station, what was half way over the complete map.

So I unfortunately had to turn off the fuel option, it's no good cruising around with so much fuel consumption and far away from realism. So I support anybody who says that a full tank has to be enough for at least 2.5x the current range.

I don't have a wheel either, i just drive on manual gearbox. So i can leave it on 6th gear and shift whenever i like.

Although, i use my PS2 controller to play.

to sum it up, i think that drive in reasonable (real life speed limits) conditions, you should be able to drive 400 to 500 km.

Guest .:TestDriver:.

33o2vkk.jpg

To play and control cars in the game like using wheels instead of keyboard, you can try this for free without having wheels or gamepad. All you need is a smartphone and a WiFi system (laptops and wireless routers and modems have it).

JD SimWheel

I use it for TDU2 (Avast!InternetSecurity would detect it as a virus, But it's not virus at all (false detect)), That makes the game more realistic. I don't recommend it for TDU1,though. But try it, maybe you liked it to use it in TDU1.

TDU2 has an awful physics and even after modding and correcting the physics, During hitting slightly the break pedal, the car would get locked wheels (you could not steer it left and right).

Its me again.

For some of you the addition of -whatever to the exefile target didn't function,

because you did'nt leave a one letter space between the exefilename and the addition.

Its got to be like this ''TestDriveUnlimited.exe -whatever'', not like,

''TestDriveUnlimited.exe-whatever'' .

Otherwise for windows, the name would be not functional.

It wouldn't even let you apply it like that.

Maybe this information can be put into readme, and the first post.

Nice day.

• 2 weeks later...