We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

I have just installed TDU again after a long pause, and had it running with this mod and no problems were detected in the first hour or so. then afterwards i wanted to try another savegame i had (wasn't sure the first one was the latest), and eventually i switched back to the first savegame to continue gaming. That is where it started to crash when i zoomed out to map-function. It comes up with the messege that I've lost connection even though i've just seen a few others. After that message it crashes.

I have tried to:

- Replace .dll file and PP file

- Delete savegame folder, make new offline user to create the folder again. And then replaced it with old savegame

Im sorry if I have overlooked i similar problem earlier in the thread, I've only read ~5-6 pages back in it.

Guest .:TestDriver:.
For the network issue that's our main priority for the next patch, testing is unfortunately taking a lot of time but it's for the best. We don't wanna see people crying here because the update is buggy. :D

Speeder, Thanks for your mod for the game but would you widen the areas of a session in the game? - for example if a member is 10 km far from me, I would see it's name.

Sorry, maybe the problem also appeared to someone before this message, but i read about 30 pages now and im tired ^^

Problem:

I freshly installed TDU1 on my system - up to Patch 1.68b. Then added Project Paradise. Game starts fine, Fuel-Mode is working.

So bought a house and a car. SO: When im trying to accomplish the first Tutorial-Race it's freezing by clicking on "start race" in SiglePlayer. It's not really freezing, in the background you can see cars driving around etc. But you can't go back to the menu, by hitting ESC. Don't know what to do...

So bought a house and a car. SO: When im trying to accomplish the first Tutorial-Race it's freezing by clicking on "start race" in SiglePlayer. It's not really freezing, in the background you can see cars driving around etc. But you can't go back to the menu, by hitting ESC. Don't know what to do...

That typically happens when you're using the cracked files without properly installing them.

So, the NoCD launcher you can download, is the one bugging races and challanges?

Okay, so. I can't get in to any races or other missions. In timechallanges or races the car will never appear (same way that BMWDortmund described) and in courier missions I will spawn on the other side of a fence near a lighthouse.

I then tried to run it with the original .exe file and dvd. still the same problem.

You need to be sure that the dfe file is at the root of the game. Doing so should allow you to play without the nocd correctly and without crash. If it doesn't work, google is your friend. (can't help for any pirating stuff sorry :D)

@ D4N005H: unfortunately that's not possible for stability reasons. :)

For me there's no difference between all cars. I drove a 360 Stradale and a Nissan GTR R34 excactly 300km and the comsupmtion hud was equally low. The idea of more gas stations: +1. I also would make the fuel comsumption much faster. Normally you can't drive a Ferrari with full throttle about 300 kms...

I also have one or two questions left:

1. What is meant with "car not downloaded"? Is this person using a mod or so?

2. When i install a mod, will other persons using the same car displayed with the mod?

btw: seen Com@tShotgun in TDU1 yesterday ^^

For me there's no difference between all cars. I drove a 360 Stradale and a Nissan GTR R34 excactly 300km and the comsupmtion hud was equally low. The idea of more gas stations: +1. I also would make the fuel comsumption much faster. Normally you can't drive a Ferrari with full throttle about 300 kms...

I also have one or two questions left:

1. What is meant with "car not downloaded"? Is this person using a mod or so?

2. When i install a mod, will other persons using the same car displayed with the mod?

btw: seen Com@tShotgun in TDU1 yesterday ^^

About the fuel consumption, I've managed only 100 Km / 60 Miles in full throttle and at an average 140 KMH / 85 MPH, I've managed 180 Km / 110 Miles. So no I don't want the fuel consumption to be reduce :D

1: Probably because the person is using a performance pack (TDUPE) and he changed the name of the car.

2: if you replace the Saturn Sky with a Volkswagen Golf GTi, You will se a Golf Gti. But, the other player can use a performance pack so you'll probably see a Golf GTi doing 320 KMH / 205 MPH :lol:

You need to be sure that the dfe file is at the root of the game. Doing so should allow you to play without the nocd correctly and without crash. If it doesn't work, google is your friend. (can't help for any pirating stuff sorry :D)

the dfe file is in the game folder (or root of the game as you refer it as), so it shouldnt be that. My game is bought legally and is not pirated! (if thats what you're referring to) :P

I have tried to google it a little, but without any luck.