We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

sorry bro, but any updates on server modding

?

Well I studied this point a bit with some help as I said:

It seems to be possible, but it will be quite long and hard to do, since I only have some debug logs to work with, and I don't have the encryption algorithm or the structures of the packets yet.

BTW if any experimented developer is around, feel free to PM me since extra help would be quite nice for such a hard project. :)

Do you mind taking a look at the digital gauges? Also , any other interesting debug options? I remeber Tool saying a loooong time ago that you could make the avatar put his hand on the radio when you changed the station and pull the e-brake lever when you pushed the e-brake button on the keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't wanna be an as*hole but i must say this to you.

This is the very sweet idea and it is very much tempting etc. etc.

But (yeah there is a but)

Why not do this:

Implement TDU1 handling model to TDU2 data base and make TDU2 feel and drive just like good old TDU1.

And than just open the price server and done deal! Than you could open "DLC" slots and add more cars in to the game.

You will save yourself lots of time and you will have more superior game.

Cheers!

Well I really hate to say that, but it might even be a better idea than the actual: TDU1 servers can't be reversed with the low amount of documents I have. I wouldn't try TDU2 reverse personally since the game is still active and I don't want to ruin Eden's work (even if they are slow as hell to publish new dlc).