We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Well tdu2 if we think a bit its a much optimised game than the previous tdu

It has the graphics you want to achieve in tdu1

it has the sound i would want to achieve on tdu1

It has the ambients and scenarios we would want in tdu1

it has the servers online

etc.

:happyroll:

Now ...the files of tdu2 are the "same" as tdu1 so i think that with just a "big bit" of work (most of the side of programmers wich unfortunatly they lack on modding tdu series) we could implement that "physics" of tdu on tdu2 because thats the only thing missing ..... that epic hardcore mode :nods:

etc.

Now ...the files of tdu2 are the "same" as tdu1 so i think that with just a "big bit" of work (most of the side of programmers wich unfortunatly they lack on modding tdu series) we could implement that "physics" of tdu on tdu2 because thats the only thing missing ..... that epic hardcore mode :nods:

It's not thaaat linear. TDU 2's physics engine probably has other variables, it is programmed in a different way. Probably, never peeked into it lol.

It's not thaaat linear. TDU 2's physics engine probably has other variables, it is programmed in a different way. Probably, never peeked into it lol.

Obviously not that linear... but i would like to hear a opinion of a programmer becuase theres a lot of similarities in the file structure

and once they got it working i bet they would find much more options that would turn the game even more realistic

oh and btw the enb team has decided to make the enb series for tdu2.... and it seems that the game as a lot of potencial in graphics ... theres a lot of lightning options and seems you can apply Fx....we would love to have a ICEnchancer on tdu2 too :D.... also

"So sad such locations are not in non racing games, even GTA 5 will not have such environment.": said by "enbdev"

but for me tdu2 just doesnt have something that tdu1 have.

i cant explain good but i just cant enjoy in tdu2 like i do when i play 1.

maybe physics fix would change that, which ruins game a lot.

and some other fixes i cant remember which ones cause i am not playing it for months.

ah yes, better wheel support, i mean my wheel works perfectly with every other racing game, only in tdu2 it doesnt, so, its not my wheel that causes the problem.

i would like to see physics from tdu1 imported to 2, also better modding possibilities and maybe something like tdupe . . .

etc.

But will the TDU2 servers stay online for long... given that Atari has no money... no forums...

If it's as easy as you make it sound then why on earth didn't the devs just do that when we were all complaining in the beta and after the release?

But if I had to choose between hacking great physics into TDU2 or getting TDU1 back online I'd probably go for the former as well. I've played TDU1 for 5 years and TDU2 for 5 weeks.

... given that Atari has no money... no forums...

why on earth didn't the devs just do that when we were all complaining in the beta and after the release?

You said the aweser to your question...

Atari never supported tdu2 .... and the dev from tdu2 is different from tdu1...it gives me the feeling that the dev of tdu2 was more concerned with the partys than working on the game

BUT THE FILES ARE THERE !! the game has the same Havok engine

Even the schematic of the folders is set like in tdu.... we only need some programmers .... the shame is that they dont saw us yet XD

I dont know but... I see a big potencial in tdu2 somehow ... but it will be the modders job to find it ... because they really dont care

Atari never supported tdu2 .... and the dev from tdu2 is different from tdu1...it gives me the feeling that the dev of tdu2 was more concerned with the partys than working on the game

Even the schematic of the folders is set like in tdu.... we only need some programmers .... the shame is that they dont saw us yet XD

I dont know but... I see a big potencial in tdu2 somehow ...

That is true, TDU2 has some big potential, but if we could find someone that is willing to implement TDU1 handling model, that would be it.

The TDU2 would be reborn and as far i can see it many ppl will be back to it.

There originally was no Hardcore mode, and they added one (a rubbish one) after loads of complaints... they gave up not long after that. I got the impression the new physics devs were incapable rather than unsupportive (at least at the very beginning).

They decided very early on to use new from scratch physics rather then the old vRally/TDU1 physics. If they did change their mind and go back we'd all know about it because of moon gravity. Not that I think any of us would've minded by that point.

They decided very early on to use new from scratch physics rather then the old vRally/TDU1 physics. If they did change their mind and go back we'd all know about it because of moon gravity. Not that I think any of us would've minded by that point.

i still believe that theres a full tdu physic hidden somewhere on that bad programmed tdu2

If there was anyone (wich there is ofc because c++ is not the end of the world) wich had the skills only to give us some screen shots of the programming of the game .... not that i understand anyhting about it....but only to see if both games were the same base

.... but we cant live only from speculations

does this gamplay looks similar to tdu2 ? (put at about 2.40 min) (watch the arms/camera movement at about the min 3.00)

See where i am trying to reach

Now if you notice tdu1 for pc is very different from the console (in this case ps2) version

However its the same game ...only its downgraded to a more childish target

the ps2 version seems to fit tdu2 all the way .... so this maybe is a proof that theres a tdu(pc version) under tdu2

It has to do with the "target" public of the game

i still believe that theres a full tdu physic hidden somewhere on that bad programmed tdu2

If there was anyone (wich there is ofc because c++ is not the end of the world) wich had the skills only to give us some screen shots of the programming of the game .... not that i understand anyhting about it....but only to see if both games were the same base

.... but we cant live only from speculations

Indeed... even the skillest programmer can't do much without source code :) Same as a skilled modder feels frustrated when the game does not allow anything to be modified.

The problem in TDU2 is not something people can fix with fiddling with configuration or database... game engine (C++ very likely) is a joke, and is not even comparable to TDU1's. Physics are totally scripted... the only thing havok does is to blindly follow what the scripts tell to execute :)

TDU2 codebase is crap ! Period.

Hi

I checked some info on Atari and I have some bad news

Atari is lalalalat they will soon go bankrupt they are killing their stock is at 89 cents Atari took a good idea and ruined it I think that if we had tdu1 physisks and speed feel and TDU2 cars and the environment and sound, and so on it whod be the perfect game TDU 2 potential is not as limited as tdu 1 so it is beter to fixsa TDU 2: then to continue on tdu1

Pretty much what Djey said.

Also jorge Djey is right, TDU2 source code is crappy, if you wanna know I tried once to debug it (with ollydbg), even with a no security version it simply refuses to run contrary to TDU1 which can be easily debuged (thanks to that you can access to physic debug options, the fake "simulation mode" which was Hardore mode codename I assume even if it's not really that).

Well without the server software data or anything useful to reverse it, I'm not really sure if the adventure can continue. And I don't even think about TDU2 for the reason I thought about while I was map modding it.

Let's hope Ivory Tower will rock with their new game and they'll allow modding a bit, hum? :p

• 2 weeks later...

I might have spot some stuff to emulate TDU servers but I'm not going to talk about something that might be wrong. :)

everything is awesome, really, and i wish you a lot of luck and sucsses, but quoted thing is best off all and i hope it will be done :D :)

as i said before, i wish you a lot of luck :D :)