We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

To what extent can we use the ingame mail system?

What do you mean by the mail system ingame? The news thing that tells you "A new club member has arrived..." etc?

i had one ide recently, but i can't remember, if i do, may i post it here for you to consider ?

Of course you can post it here (if this is possible to do). :D

Also, I updated first post and media post. And as I said, I worked a bit on the database to fix the Ace Level (you don't need to win these intraclub races anymore :p).

Gamespy bypass

what does this mean ?

Haha forgot to fill up the description I wanted to put in my first post. :p

As Diablo said, yup this option will allow you to go online without using the gamespy check (90 seconds at the start), which is called Gamespy Servermaster I think (I'm a newbe with Gamespy Mechs so don't flame me :D). But freeride and races still need to be reversed.

As I said earlier, I worked on the Ace Fix. (well it's not supposed to pop-up when you've traveled 2815 miles, It was only a test to show the real fix I'll make).

[ATTACH]18585[/ATTACH]

Do you think there's any way to enable police in online multiplayer to some extent?

I'm not sure, but I think the police system is client sided, which means it can't be enabled in multiplayer. I'll have a try however, nothing to lose heh? :p

i dunno where i wrote it, but i was talking about ability to make own server, with own rules and stuff where you can invite you friends and stuff or limiter group of people or stuff like that, like SA multiplayer work or Freelancer servers, i really like that possibility :)

i hope you understand what i mean, and yes i agree with you :)

i mean, some needs to host those servers :)

I hate to compare it to this because, TDU is so much better than DayZ BUT, we could have a nice little "DayZ Scenario" panning out here. Atari would freak out if TDU sales, for "some unknown reason" shot through the roof.

Imagine if somehow, TDU could be "Steam Greenlight-ed" and we'd be able to join via Steam. How awesome would that be..

I hate to compare it to this because, TDU is so much better than DayZ BUT, we could have a nice little "DayZ Scenario" panning out here. Atari would freak out if TDU sales, for "some unknown reason" shot through the roof.

Imagine if somehow, TDU could be "Steam Greenlight-ed" and we'd be able to join via Steam. How awesome would that be..

Would be a nice scenario, but I doubt it could happen with Atari (licence cost and all the stuff). If only they could support modding one day, maybe we could go forward together and build a new TDU? :D

Interesting project. Can you add car slots, so you do not have to swap them anymore?

And than import all TDU2 cars and bikes, lol :D

I don't really need weather options anyway. You can not do CRC half the time due to bad weather. What fun is that?

Will LISA's be functional in one way or another?

--- Post Updated ---

But will the TDU2 servers stay online for long... given that Atari has no money... no forums...

If it's as easy as you make it sound then why on earth didn't the devs just do that when we were all complaining in the beta and after the release?

But if I had to choose between hacking great physics into TDU2 or getting TDU1 back online I'd probably go for the former as well. I've played TDU1 for 5 years and TDU2 for 5 weeks.

It is worse. Even the Beta physics were better than the release ones. And also the basic wheel support was better. At least on my G25 back then.

TDU2 doesn't have FFB for Fanatec CSW. I drive like a sim from the 80's now, lol.

But TDU2 has more advanced physics. At least in the base. Only the layer of nerf that has been placed on top of it has to go. TDU1 had a very good combination of physics, controls and FFB. Obviously it takes devs who know what they are doing. That guy works at Ivory Tower now. The TDU2 physics dev should be sent to Syberia for a work ethics program

I never understood why the Eden team didn't deliver on the physics. Most important part in a race game IMO.