We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

I never understood why the Eden team didn't deliver on the physics. Most important part in a race game IMO.
Might have something to do with myself and Fabian being told to "use the handbrake" whenever we wanted to enter a turn during our playtest back in June 2010. Even then both of us told them the handling was too "twitchy" and "there was too much grip".

But Atari.... "even without aids the cars still need to be drivable" :fp:

:) I remember when you attended to this playtest, guys.

It was a time when everything was possible ... in fact that was what we were believing !

Later in January 2011, I had a playtest session with press before release, and looked like that was not even the same game. Things had been even worse since then !

Sorry for offtopic :D

Now waiting for other promising projects as Assetto Corsa and Ivory Tower's. I can't put my hopes on TDU1, as if Speeder's project gives anything, the game is outdated already. In particular, the lack of online mode is a NOGO for me. Let's move on.

laugh out loud -

I don't think prayers will help Speeder achieving his project. He'd just need a hand from devs or online game addicts ;)

If such a god or whatever exists in the sky - I think he has more to do now than saving a 6 year old game.

But at the end of the day I understand your points of view and respect them. Simply we have not the same.

But Atari.... "even without aids the cars still need to be drivable" :fp:

That must be the statement of the year.

IMO a car that handles realistic is more easy to drive than those Atari dinkys.

Ever tried the Shelby Mustang on HC in the rain?, looool :nuts:

There is 0 feedback. No sound, No movement and no FFB that is useful. Also there is no consistency so you have to gamble how fast you can take a corner. "Drivable", right.

I still play TDU2 because i like the Club racing and the CRC challenges. But those physics....

On the other hand the physics of TDFRL are pretty good, lol. Much better than TDU1 and a lot of Sims. But i'm probably one of the few who actually bought that game:D

That must be the statement of the year.

IMO a car that handles realistic is more easy to drive than those Atari dinkys.

Ever tried the Shelby Mustang on HC in the rain?, looool :nuts:

There is 0 feedback. No sound, No movement and no FFB that is useful. Also there is no consistency so you have to gamble how fast you can take a corner. "Drivable", right.

I still play TDU2 because i like the Club racing and the CRC challenges. But those physics....

On the other hand the physics of TDFRL are pretty good, lol. Much better than TDU1 and a lot of Sims. But i'm probably one of the few who actually bought that game:D

well we've told them time and time again, when we were trying out the beta for tdu2.

Going back, we thought they would listen to us I mean that is the whole point of a beta; the feedback.

The beta forums were filled with complaints about the physics no one from developers cared a bit.

I think bringing back TDU is a better option than bringing back tdu2 or waiting for games that may never be released.

well we've told them time and time again, when we were trying out the beta for tdu2.

Going back, we thought they would listen to us I mean that is the whole point of a beta; the feedback.

The beta forums were filled with complaints about the physics no one from developers cared a bit.

I think bringing back TDU is a better option than bringing back tdu2 or waiting for games that may never be released.

You can ask why a Company like Atari does not use that Feedback. When a lot of customers complain about a product, but also give a very detailed description about what is wrong and even how to improve it, you should use that information to improve the product. Some companies pay top dollars for marketing studies and technical feedback like that.

I like TDU1 too, always have because it is an original and also well balanced game.

TDU2 is better in many ways. It has more roads, better roads, another Island, day night cycle, weather, better graphics etc. It only needs better physics to beat TDU1.

So maybe it is better to use TDU2 to work with. Just my opinion.

Bringing either one of them to an alternative server would be the bomb. No matter how you look at it. I will continue to follow this thread with great interest. :cool:

Bringing either one of them to an alternative server would be the bomb. No matter how you look at it. I will continue to follow this thread with great interest. :cool:

Well if you look at the pages,3,4 you can see that we already tried to make something for tdu2

thing that will simply not happen because we dont have tools or someone to invest on them to edit tdu2 that simple

In the end i really hope this "online" story be true and that speeder can manage to make us all happy

We are very lucky to have him here trying to reborn something that used to be epic back in those days

You can ask why a Company like Atari does not use that Feedback. When a lot of customers complain about a product, but also give a very detailed description about what is wrong and even how to improve it, you should use that information to improve the product. Some companies pay top dollars for marketing studies and technical feedback like that.

I like TDU1 too, always have because it is an original and also well balanced game.

TDU2 is better in many ways. It has more roads, better roads, another Island, day night cycle, weather, better graphics etc. It only needs better physics to beat TDU1.

there are mods wor weather and daz night cycle, there is iLLusions IP, there are enb mods, one island is enough for me, and some other things on tdu1 side.

graphics isnt everything, and many of us can go well with tdu 1 graphics plus some ENB and IP.

so i don't see much things on tdu2 side, plus its more dead in 3 years than tdu in 6 7.

physics, and some other stuff kills it.

dont take me wrong and stuff ( i know someone will flame me now, i got used to) but i am just saying.

and Djey already stated that there is no hopes for tdu2, for tdu1 there are, as we all can see Speeders progress and others, much more mods and stuff.

cheers :coo:

Yes, i know ;)

Love TDU1, but still like TDU2

TDU2 is a more advanced base to work with. More possibilities, more options.

I know the tendency on this site is strongly biased towards TDU1 and for good reasons. But seeing through the shortcomings that TDU2 certainly has, it also has a lot more potential for improvements. Especially in the Physics department, but also in another community made location for example, or weather extensions (snowstorms like in skyrim :lol:)

And i really like Ibiza and the extended Oahu roads of TDU2. It is not just bad. Find a way to add car slots by using the DLC scripts and import every car from TDU1, fix the physics and you have a real winner IMO :cool:

We will see how long Atari will support TDU2 and if there ever will be another DLC released. Right now everything depends on a successful restart of the Atari US or sales of the TDU franchise to another publisher like UbiSoft.

TDU1 will always be something special because it is an original. I really hope Speeder can pull this off. It's massive.

• 3 weeks later...

lol people he is not one of devs to have those tools.

ofc there is sense with that, if everzone had those tools and some knowladge and time they could change game however they want.

you can't just edit game, looool.

i suggest you be happy with current mod and Speeder's patch whatever it brings us.

:bow: